Saddlecloth recommendations and kissing spines advice

ollierdog

Visit site
Hi yesterday my horse was diagnosed with kissing spines, he has two lots of touching processes and two/three other processes which are sitting very close, he is a 6 year old tb gelding who has had symptoms of girthyness, bucking, not going forward and being cold backed. He will hopefully be moving upto novice be in the spring. Even with the above symptoms he has never been unmanageable and is a very willing jumper, the vets are positive with lots of lunging, hard work and medicating we will be able to avoid operating but they will operate if needed. I'm after any tips/ advice of anything which has helped for anyone else? And also if someone can recommend a good padded/ gel saddlecloth which will be best for his back to go under his prestige jumping saddle as there are so many on the Market? Many thanks:)

Delicious_D

Visit site
What treatment has he had?

Has he had tildren/shockwave/ steroid injections etc? TBH until he has stopped displaying the KS symptoms, you can forget novice dressage. It takes time, lots of hard work and depends if he responds to the treatment positively.

ollierdog

Visit site
Hi he's had steroid injections, vet has said over the next 7 weeks to work him as hard as possible upto 1.5 hours a day, he says he's happy for him to hunt and sj after next week. Vet says symptoms may never disappear and maybe neurological but says they should get better, he is going for a reassement again in 7weeks to see if the work has helped to strengthen the back. Horse has competed quite happily pre novice eventing last summer and jumping 1.10/newcomers. I'm afraid this is all new to me have tried to ask vet as many questions as possible and read as much as I can find. Hope that helps:)

scots

Visit site
Mine had steroids into spine and had to have a weeks box rest and then lunging to allow the steroid to work, so am surprised you are to get back on and work straight away, you need to lunge long and low and ride the same, not allowing to hollow and wouldn't think jumping yet as need to get the back up and swinging.