Saddlepad with Shim reccomendations

Nasicus

Visit site
After a saddlepad with shims, any reccomendations? I'm eyeballing the plain Le Mieux Pro-Sorb ones as they're around £50-£60, I've have the Griffin Nuumed ones recommended to me, but I'm not made of money haha
So just wondering if there are any cheaper ones that stack up against the Le Mieux ones?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
can't beat mattes shims IMO, they are thin and ultra stable so you can trim and layer them to get a perfect fit, though if you prefer a different (cheaper) saddlepad you can buy the shims separately ... i did a DIY job for a while and stuck them onto a normal pad with velcro ;) or keep your eye on ebay, they do come up for sale second hand now and then.

dreamcometrue

Visit site
I have the Numed numnah. It’s great, I couldn’t believe the difference it made to my balance (my pony has one shoulder bigger than the other). It washes well too.

be positive

Visit site
After a saddlepad with shims, any reccomendations? I'm eyeballing the plain Le Mieux Pro-Sorb ones as they're around £50-£60, I've have the Griffin Nuumed ones recommended to me, but I'm not made of money haha
So just wondering if there are any cheaper ones that stack up against the Le Mieux ones?

I have a Griffin nuumed with shims that I no longer need, I will have to find it to check size etc but if you are interested send a pm with what you are looking for.

Nasicus

Visit site
can't beat mattes shims IMO, they are thin and ultra stable so you can trim and layer them to get a perfect fit, though if you prefer a different (cheaper) saddlepad you can buy the shims separately ... i did a DIY job for a while and stuck them onto a normal pad with velcro ;) or keep your eye on ebay, they do come up for sale second hand now and then.
I did consider doing a DIY job and sewing pockets onto a regular saddlepad! :p

I have a Griffin nuumed with shims that I no longer need, I will have to find it to check size etc but if you are interested send a pm with what you are looking for.
Ooh, interested! PM Sent!

And thanks for others for the vote of confidence for the Nuumeds, if the one BP has doesn't work out, I'll have to stash some pennies away!

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Mattes all the way but they're even pricier! The reasons the shims work so well is that they're trimmable felt, and thin, so you can make wedges out of them, MUCH better than trying to choose the right density or single thickness of foam. A thick piece of foam always lifts the saddle from the middle, and causes a slight or more significant pressure point, though I know some saddle fitters seem to get on with them okay I much prefer thin shims.