saddler - Essex

Misog2000

Visit site
Can anyone recommend a saddler in Essex who sells and fits second hand saddles? Want to spend around £500 - £600 so can't stretch to a new one, a bit concerned about going down the eBay route and then getting someone to fit in case I am way off, then have to go through reselling etc. Would rather someone who comes to me than have to travel as no lorry so would have to pay someone. Any suggestions gratefully received x

Misog2000

Visit site
Hi Ginger Bear, I think Toms surname is Connelly but I didnt think he sold saddles.....I may be wrong though. Would you mind PM'ing me his number please, I will give.him a call and ask him. Thanks

LaurenBay

Visit site
I have recently used Karen from West Sussex saddlery. She was fab! Had a wide range of saddles (New and used) I picked up a lovely Symonds Brown leather saddle for £479 (second hand) if you google West Essex saddlery, give them a ring. Or Karens mobile is 07775638535

DosyMare

Visit site
Tom can only fit saddles - he can't sell them.

Have a look at Kent and Masters - you can get a new saddle fitted for around £600 by Chloe.

Ingatestone have a few secondhand saddles but I've heard good and bad reviews on Rodger.

poorchickens

Visit site
Tom will come out and recommend a saddle to buy, so you could then buy one elsewhere and he'll come out again to fit it for you. He did this for me. I really like him and feel confident in what he's saying.

I've also had Roger from Ingatestone Saddlery fit me a dressage saddle which went really well. Although I wasn't as happy with the GP he sold me, but my mare changed shape and I was on a tight budget, so I think considering, he was oks! He does sell second hand. The Kent and Masters are just over £600 (I think) and are new. Roger stocks a full range of those.

Clodagh

Visit site
West Essex Saddlery - Malcolm - at Clavering sell secind hand saddles and I have had a couple fitted by him with no problems.