Saddler fitter in Cheshire/Warrington.

BeckyMason97

Visit site
Can anybody recommend a saddle fitter in Cheshire/Warrington way to fit a pessoa saddle to my 4yo? A rough price guide would be good too, if possible. Have had a look at Crewe Saddlery but was wondering if there is anyone a bit cheaper.

itsonlyme

Visit site
Good lord, stay a million miles away from L for Leather!
I'd say The Village Saddlery. He's a master saddler on the way into warrington from stockton heath. Or we've used 'The Saddlery' in Chester. :)

BeckyMason97

Visit site
Yes, I thought of Village Saddlery, literally five minutes away from me. Shall call in when I get some money together, would love a new saddle for one of my mares but she's out of work at the moment and I'm skint! haha. Thanks everyone.

BlackRider

Visit site
Another vote for Village saddlery, they are brilliant and I despite living very close to a well known equestrian shop with saddle fitters, I would always pay extra to get Village out.

BeckyMason97

Visit site
Do you know what they charge roughly for the saddle fitting? Not bothered about the travel costs, shouldn't be too much, yard is only 15 minutes away.:)

emmah

www.amazingpase.co.uk
http://www.saddleryservices.co.uk/#/about-us/4538238838

I had Sally to fit my saddle a couple of years ago and she was great. Can't remember how much the fitting was but the saddle I bought was (I thought) reasonably priced for what it was.

Sally is brillant and comes to my yard in Northwich and doesn't charge a fortune.

I always used to use the Village saddlery but found when I bought my new mare last year his cheapest SJ saddle was £1700!! Hence why I ended up using Sally, she is equally good at fitting but sold saddles in my price range :)

BeckyMason97

Visit site
I only need my pessoa saddle fitting as I don't need a new saddle as of yet. :) Can't argue with a free pessoa saddle! My last saddler was brilliant, but I was on a yard in Merseyside then and the travel costs will be a bit steep now, so would rather try someone nearer!:) Although Crewe Saddlery was rather steep!

emmah

www.amazingpase.co.uk
I only need my pessoa saddle fitting as I don't need a new saddle as of yet. :) Can't argue with a free pessoa saddle! My last saddler was brilliant, but I was on a yard in Merseyside then and the travel costs will be a bit steep now, so would rather try someone nearer!:) Although Crewe Saddlery was rather steep!

Well I wouldn't bother going to Village Saddlery then he will give you the hard sell on why yours doesn't fit and you need to buy a shiny new one!!

What about Michael J Marren? I have not used him personally but have heard good things about him in the past and he based at South View so you could maybe go to him?

BeckyMason97

Visit site
Oh definitely not. Asked him for a john whitaker martingale, got the full run down how every brand is made in india and is a pile of rubbish except his own, very pricey ones. Really cannot stand the man!

I might just get my old one out then, no money for a new saddle yet.

lannerch

Visit site
David from village saddlery refitted my amerigos for me, had the tree altered can't remember how much it cost but was much cheaper than a new saddle.
:)

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Oh definitely not. Asked him for a john whitaker martingale, got the full run down how every brand is made in india and is a pile of rubbish except his own, very pricey ones. Really cannot stand the man!

Glad it's not just me then, always was pushy at his own shop too, took a long time to get his Mastership as quality wasn't up to it.

BeckyMason97

Visit site
Maesfen- That was at a trade stand at Aintree, shouting his mouth off! Got some very dodgey looks.

I think I'll get a price from my last saddler and village saddlery and take it from there.

Thanks very much everyone!