Saddler recommendation

doodle

Visit site
Looking to buy a new gp saddle. Looking for a "good" one with a decent budget. Also perhaps part ex my dressage saddle for a new used one that fits better. I'm near Perth. All I can think of is Stirlingshire but I don't think they adjust saddles just sell you new and hope it fits.

Jnhuk

Visit site
Looking to buy a new gp saddle. Looking for a "good" one with a decent budget. Also perhaps part ex my dressage saddle for a new used one that fits better. I'm near Perth. All I can think of is Stirlingshire but I don't think they adjust saddles just sell you new and hope it fits.

Not sure where you are getting your information from Kamikaze.

Stirlingshire will not part exchange your current saddle for a 'new' or second hand one but they will sell it on your behalf. They adjust/reflock saddles as & when needed and they have plenty of good quality second hand saddles as well as new saddles. I have very happily used them for over 15 years and in my experience with them I completely disagree with your comment that "I don't think they adjust saddles just sell you new and hope it fits".

Never any hard sell or pressure to buy - just good advice and good trial of any prospective saddle.

Last edited:

doodle

Visit site
Please don't take offence by my comments. I bought my dressage saddle from them a few years ago. And at that time there was no mention of them being able to adjust.

Jnhuk

Visit site
Please don't take offence by my comments. I bought my dressage saddle from them a few years ago. And at that time there was no mention of them being able to adjust.

Saddle fitters are like marmite I know! I wouldn't go near some after some of the stories I have heard.

I have had variety of saddles GP/ dressage /jump fitted by Alene for different horses over the years and if she felt the fit needed adjusted then it was discussed with me and then sorted.

Erlend Milne & Cicely jeffries are also recommended by friends but they are more Borders based

doodle

Visit site
I am not complaining about their service. I loved the saddle they fitted and still have it but at the time there didn't seem to be any chance of it being adjusted if not quite right. Luckily it fitted really well so perhaps I picked up the wrong end of the stock. I am still waiting for c to get back to having asked if she would come out when next in the area and a follow up message. Agree she is also good.

smokey

Visit site
Stirling saddlers have my saddle at the moment to sell. I didn't buy from them originally, I used central saddlery at Avonbridge. I have only ever heard good things about both businesses.