Saddler/saddle fitter Wilts/Berks

Kylara

Visit site
Looking for a new saddler/saddle fitter to take a look at a few horses and the fit of their saddles and suggest brands/tree types for a new dressage saddle for one. SS and harness knowledge a bonus!

Prefer to go off of recommendations so any good/bad suggestions appreciated.

Yard is Hungerford/Lambourn area.

From the MS website I've found Christopher Harper, Julia Duffin, Wadswick Country Store, and Sarah Stevens. But all just names at the minute! Helen from Bookham saddlery is recommended by my clients in the north surrey area, but I'm pretty sure my yard is too far away for her to visit!

Cream and scones for every recommendation!

Last edited:

pansymouse

Visit site
I'm in Wiltshire and I use Kay Humphries who is based Oxford way. I wouldn't touch anyone else, she's absolutely the best imo. I've seen her turnaround two horse's from unrideable due damage caused by badly fitting saddles into comfortable, content horse working beautifully. The cob has gone from a choppy mover with a tendency to buck into a flowing mover that never bucks, for example.

asmp

Visit site
I've used Clare Barnett, a Master Saddler, for years. She's bAsed just south of Salisbury but travels quite far so may come out to you. She's usually very busy so you might have to wait a while. Google Bearhouse Saddlery to find her details.

j1ffy

Visit site
Another vote for Julia Duffin. She has a physio /biomechanics focus so really works to find a saddle that works well for the horse's movement and shape.