Saddlers/Bridleworkers/Shopping experts help

Batgirl

Visit site
I am looking for either a sliphead with trigger clips OR a sliphead with 2 ends that take cheek pieces. Do such things exist?

I'm trying to amend my double bridle to one with clips and have bought 4x clip cheek pieces (as they come in pairs) so I'd like to get a slip head to use that either has clips so I can return a pair or has 2 cheek piece attachments so I can use all 4.

Baileyhoss

Visit site
I am looking for either a sliphead with trigger clips OR a sliphead with 2 ends that take cheek pieces. Do such things exist?

I'm trying to amend my double bridle to one with clips and have bought 4x clip cheek pieces (as they come in pairs) so I'd like to get a slip head to use that either has clips so I can return a pair or has 2 cheek piece attachments so I can use all 4.

Are you sorted? Pm me if not, I can make you something.

Batgirl

Visit site
Are you sorted? Pm me if not, I can make you something.

That is so kind, I have bits arriving this week so if it all fits I'm sorted but could get in touch if it doesn't :)

I am pondering that having both sides with 2 cheek pieces might be a bit weird so potentially could do with a proper sliphead making with a clip.

Thank you again

Baileyhoss

Visit site
No problem. I'm not on here often these days so if I don't respond catch me on Facebook. Paddock saddlery. :eek:)

I recently made a custom hunter style double bridle. We chose to put a separate slip on a separate pair of cheeks to convert the regular snaffle into a double but this was partly due to having the noseband done up on both side too so it looked symmetrical. It came out really nice but if you have a normal nose which buckles on one side then a traditional slip which buckles on the opposite side might look less fussy. I don't like overlapping straps and buckles on a double or any bridle tbh so I like the nose to be part of the headpiece. With the bit slips over the top.