saddles again

I_A_P

Visit site
well basically i have a kieffer gp, which doesnt fit that well and iv decided to get a dressage saddle and a jumping saddle.

iv had the local saddler out, and what im finding is that most saddlers have very very few if any second hand saddles of these styles.
anyway dressage wise i think im gonna wait and c if i can geta KN as i rode in my instructors and it fit millie and i. i reall;y liked it as apparebtly it has a narrow twist"

jumping wise i do not know i tried some with the fitter the other day and iv basically now got a few to keep for a day or so, a prestige event, a bates momentum and a albion k2. im going to try all these tonight and in my lesson 2moro but have u got any good suggestions on jumping saddles? im going to need a good 17.5-18" as im long hip to knee.. any suggestions please? i need it for sj and xc

I_A_P

Visit site
and also im really not sure about having a saddle wth cair/flair or being adjustable? and info on this?

mahy thanks

dixie

Visit site
I've heard the Albion is a great jumping saddle but have no experience of it. How about the Stubben. I am tall and long hip to knee and this saddle fits excellent and is so secure to jump in. I know some people say they are hard to ride on but I don't find this to be the case & I hack in mine also. They also last forever.

I also had a saddle with Cair and it suited one horse but not the other - found it quite wobbly on the other. Also my back lady said the Bates caused muscle wastage on her horse but not sure if it was just the horse that was the problem. She now has Albion's - so a good recommendation I think.

I_A_P

Visit site
cool thanks, maybe im just sceptical about the wole new way some saddles are made!
we have tried a stubben but not really what i want as they round off at the back and my mare needs something that will sit fairly square and flat to take the weight over a larger surface area!
:0

dixie

Visit site
I had the same problem with my youngster and have just bought a second hand Excelle event saddle. It has a wide gullet, nice broad panels and also takes my long legs. However, it is really personal choice of how it fits both you and the horse together. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Governor

Visit site
Wow thats pretty similar to me - I had a Kieffer GP for my lad before deciding I wanted to get dressage and jumping saddles.

I tried quite a few dressage saddles (including a Kieffer dressage saddle which I hated - very hard) and I ended up with the Albion K2 Legend. Its fantastic and I have no complaints (fits Gov like a glove) but I bought it new so didn't have much left for a jumping saddle. I found a battered old Stubben Siegefried at a competition and we tried it on there and then. There were no poles about so I took it home to try over jumps and I felt really balanced in it which makes a change. It was really cheap and needs a reflock but its genuinely a great saddle atleast I feel secure in it even though my jumping leaves something to be desired and I have a very big jumping horse.

Might be worth a thought anyway. If I had the money i'd look into the Albion K2 jumping saddle.

I_A_P

Visit site
thanks:) iv tried the albion k2 jumping, problem is my saddler only had all too narrow saddles and the k2 was toooo small so cdnt get a proper feel for it!