Saddles for ladies

tigger01

Visit site
I know that WOW saddles do a cc comfort sea at for women. Does anyone know of any other saddle makers who do too? A lw cob with a tall long legged rider and proving difficult to find something comfortable.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
As a fitter I've not found that I need specific models to accommodate the female pelvis but I know some makers do. I suspect once you get a great fit for the horse then you will find the saddle comfier than when it's not quite fitting, a tiny change in front to back balance can make a huge difference.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I suspect once you get a great fit for the horse then you will find the saddle comfier than when it's not quite fitting, a tiny change in front to back balance can make a huge difference.

^^ this, but I do also find that the basic design of the saddle does make a big difference. I just can't ride in a saddle with a wide twist for long - it really causes me a lot of discomfort! I get on with narrow twists a lot better. My friend is the opposite, so it's not necessarily just a female/male thing as we are both female ;)

pennandh

Visit site
^ I would reiterate what those above me have pointed out; also it's worth noting that flap cut and stirrup length may alter (however slightly) the angle at which your seat comes into contact with the saddle, which can make a big difference to how comfortable you are.