Saddles for no withered table top cob

motherof2beasts!

Visit site
My cob is 10 but remains very bum high, with a short back and no withers, he is very much a barrel.

currently use a thorowgood t4 cob which is ok but not that’s comfortable to ride on, had a few slipping issues these are now rectified.

does anyone have a similar shapes horse and found the perfect saddle ?

Wheresthehoofpick

Visit site
I have had a monarch cob which fitted the horse but I didn't get on with. Loved a Solutions GP for a long time on her but found it made her feel very wide. Buy these through second hand FB page. Need to get a fitter initially so you understand the balance.
I have recently been working with Andrea Hicks and after trying a few second hand ones have just ordered a custom made saddle. Eeeek! I am lucky to live v close to Andrea.
She is able to build the saddle the accommodate the fact that my mare is bum high and to level her out for me. I always get sore in front. Saddles rotate round on her but not the ones Andrea balanced.
AH and her team have a second hand page on FB too. Used Native saddles.

Fransurrey

Visit site
I bought a secondhand Black Country for my cob (also croup high and wide). It's a GP Event. I did look at AH, but nothing was around in my budget when I was looking. They do look fab, though.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Yes agree about AH saddles and I have used black country, Ideal and Heritage on my round arab all fitted really well.

Flyde do work on these types but are not really intended for everyday use they are more suited for just a showing class, they have very slim panels and most are foam not flock and can make the back sore.