Saddles Saddles Saddles

dianchi

Visit site
So my 4yo has outgrown everything tack wise i own, has had a bit of a holiday whilst i try get some pennies together to get her a saddle.

Question is what route do we go down.......

At the moment im thinking saddle company VSD, as its fully adjustable to her, like the serge panels and even if I buy new wont cost the earth.
She's bound to change lots in the next two years so think this could be a good fit.

Are there other options out there that i should look at that will also work?
Other adjustables that I havent thought of?

PorkChop

Visit site
I don't have adjustables, however when I think my saddles need tweeking I send them back to the company that makes them and they alter them, including the tree, to a template. I haven't seen a saddle fitter in years :)

hippocobamus

Visit site
What about a completely adjustable Solution saddle? A bit of an investment, but surely it's worth it with a youngster as then you have a saddle for life.

dianchi

Visit site
I don't have adjustables, however when I think my saddles need tweeking I send them back to the company that makes them and they alter them, including the tree, to a template. I haven't seen a saddle fitter in years :)

Not so keen on self tweaking but what saddles is this you do this with?

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I only use lavinia Mitchell saddles now they are fitted with a shim numnah so you can buy one a bit wider and use the shims to adjust the fit, I have one of her dressage saddles and it fits both of my Arabs I just use different shims for each horse so as long as the saddle is not too narrow for the horse it can be adjusted to fit most horses. I bought mine new but am currently try looking for a second hand one so they can have one each, they are not the cheapest saddles but are so comfortable are well made and look really smart, have had a judge comment on how comfortable it was.