Saddles to fit a flat backed wide horse with low withers?

Paint it Lucky

Visit site
As title! My horse has no curve to her back so most saddles tip. Need something designed for a flat back with low withers, she is currently in a riser but it's not ideal. She is also quite wide as has a lot of irish draft in her. Thanks

itm

New User
Visit site
I have the Kent & Masters cob saddle and it fits my flat-backed, low-withered cob perfectly. It does sometimes slip sideways but that's just because she's like a barrel!!

Cowpony

Visit site
Talk to sbloom on here. She sells AH saddles and is very knowledgeable on this type of shape. I have one of her saddles and it is lovely. Fits my flat-backed no-wither huge-shouldered mare beautifully.

Wheels

Visit site
I have the Kent & Masters cob saddle and it fits my flat-backed, low-withered cob perfectly. It does sometimes slip sideways but that's just because she's like a barrel!!

If it slips it doesn't really fit - it might be ok and it might not be hurting the horse but you can do better. Some of the cob saddles are wide enough and some are even flat enough but some also tend to just sit on top of the horse at the back with not enough panel contact

pippixox

Visit site
I ended up getting an ideal saddle, custom fitted, after years of having problems with saddles slipping on my mare. she is xxw, wider than most saddles go, even when slim and fit, so lots just perched on her back and slipped easily. also very low wither.
not cheap, but fits so well and she is now very happy and I feel much more secure as well

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Talk to sbloom on here. She sells AH saddles and is very knowledgeable on this type of shape. I have one of her saddles and it is lovely. Fits my flat-backed no-wither huge-shouldered mare beautifully.

Thank you :).

If it slips it doesn't really fit - it might be ok and it might not be hurting the horse but you can do better. Some of the cob saddles are wide enough and some are even flat enough but some also tend to just sit on top of the horse at the back with not enough panel contact

Amen. The tree is isually a big factor but panel design is too.