Same date, one year later...

Hippona

Visit site
28032012066_zps203930ef.jpg

2013-03-23071227_zps5e097ef7.jpg

Pics taken same day, same place last march and today.
Bloomin mental.....

pogface

Visit site
I'd say it was pretty unusual to have snow at the end of march... Considering the clocks change next weekend!

Jesstickle

Visit site
Whilst it is not unheard of to have snow this late in the year I would humbly suggest that it certainly is unusual .

Last March was also unusual as it was abnormally warm.

I don't care what it does in March if we could just have a decent summer. :p

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I remember having a very heavy snowfall one year even later than this, which brought down a lot of leaves and nests with eggs in - I guess abut 30 yrs ago.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Excellent comparison photos!
Its just beyond funny now :(
I have photo's of my daughter cantering round our grassy field last year about this time (horses still looking very clipped so cant have been much later?) Now I cant even turn out as its under water- On the good side the snow is hiding how bad the fields look ;)

Kat

Visit site
We had snow later than this last year. The husband and I were pretty gobsmacked to come back from our hols in early April to snow.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
It's not unusual at all for us to have snow at this time of year. April 2010 the day I started lambing outside. Luckily my ewes crossed their legs and nothing was born in this. There are 200 ewes in that field. Most of them out of sight! I am congratulating myself on lambing 17 days later this year, I just hope things have picked up by then!

Goodstarttolambing_zps67d17d27.jpg

Today

C71727EA-9E5F-406B-B731-29F0B551DA9A-3317-0000024C102D7247_zpsb62dc0ac.jpg

lhotse

Visit site
That first picture made me want to cry. Green fields, leaves on the trees, rugless and clean horses. My field looks like a lagoon, the shetland didn't go out today because I was worried he would drown, my grey mare came in with liquid mud upto her armpits and she's still going out in a heavyweight rug because the wind is so bloody cold! Having to put hay out in the field again because there is nothing growing, and to make matters worse, the yard at the top of the hill has a strangles outbreak.
Oh, and my half marathon in the Forest of Dean tomorrow has been cancelled because there is a load of snow all over the forest.

'In like a lion, out like a lamb' ?? I think the lion had the lamb for his dinner!!

emmanash

Visit site
Husband showed me some photos of us same time last year, sat on the beach having a BBQ with the kids playing in the rock pools, and yes it was in England!

shadowboy

Visit site
It's due to the jet stream, for the last 3 years it has been playing up and not taking its usual location in the Atlantic. It has done this before historically but it seems more frequent these days since 2007 it's barely sat where it should!

FabioandFreddy

Visit site
Me and OH were only saying yesterday that this time last year we had our first BBQ of the year as it was so warm for the time of year!! Definitely prefer it being unusually warm rather than the snow and wind we have currently!