Santa Cruz Jumping Saddle

monte1

Visit site
Hi all, I was after a bit of information, I recently bought on a whim, a second hand Santa Cruz jump saddle for a bargain price, it is an older style monoflap model, (looks similar to the style products jumping saddle) (I just sent a photo of it to the manufacturer and they told me it is the Olimpica model about 10+ years old) I mainly bought it to try out as I use a Farrington VSD saddle at the moment for everything and wanted a bit more support and knee roll when jumping, especially XC! I was wondering if anyone knew much about them, I have had it checked and it fits my horse very well -he goes well in it, better almost, I want to say, than his current saddle as he seems somewhat freer through the back ( if you see what I mean) It takes a bit of getting used to as is very different to my current saddle, but I like the closer contact feel and the narrower twist as well. What I am not sure about is if I can get away with doing my eventing dressage in it or if i need a seperate dressage saddle now as well :)) any thoughts/opinions welcome. thanks for reading.

intouch

Visit site
Just came across your post as I was googling SC saddles, thinking of selling my daughter's out grown 17". She did PC, SJ etc for several years and loved the saddle as did the pony.