Sarcoid advice

Jango

Visit site
I've had really good results with SarcEx from global herbs. On my old horse sent photos to liverpool and he was confirmed to have 2 sarcoids, they suggested the cream. As its painful I decided to try SarcEx first as they weren't affecting tack and within 5 months they both went black and fell off. I kept him on it for another 6 months or so and they never came back in 5 years (then he was pts). When I originally rang the helpline they said try it for 6 months, they usually see results by then or it doesn't work for that particular horse. My current mare had a lump about the size of a thumb nail and growing on her inner hind leg, she's been on sarc ex for 4 months and it went black once and shrank in size so it's about pinky nail now. Not a confirmed sarcoid this time but it's either working or a coincidence. For 30 quid a month and no pain for them it's worth a go!

SarahM

Visit site
I've had really good results with SarcEx from global herbs. On my old horse sent photos to liverpool and he was confirmed to have 2 sarcoids, they suggested the cream. As its painful I decided to try SarcEx first as they weren't affecting tack and within 5 months they both went black and fell off. I kept him on it for another 6 months or so and they never came back in 5 years (then he was pts). When I originally rang the helpline they said try it for 6 months, they usually see results by then or it doesn't work for that particular horse. My current mare had a lump about the size of a thumb nail and growing on her inner hind leg, she's been on sarc ex for 4 months and it went black once and shrank in size so it's about pinky nail now. Not a confirmed sarcoid this time but it's either working or a coincidence. For 30 quid a month and no pain for them it's worth a go!
Thank you, definitely x

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Hi, just looking for personal experience with sarcoids please. I have a young ID that I've had for 12 months and literally put everything into. A few months ago he started to develop some scaly skin around his eye which didn't really change and looked like dry skin. Since then over the past 6 weeks he has developed a pea sized lump under his eye and several patches on his groin area, the last week another pea size lump has appeared on his ear and a couple other areas the last few days. I've been waiting for my vet to get back to me for 5 weeks, he did today with a report from professor Knottenbelt. I had sent photos etc and the report is very upsetting. Basically he recommends several types of creams and surgical removal, heavy sedation and recommends bute for certain areas and types of cream and states a few times that these are tricky looking sarcoids. My horse came to me very headshy and nervous and he has improved so much he loves a good head rub. So I'm really in two minds with what to do, money isn't an issue and he is fully insured and I would find the money for anything to make him better. My concern is the number of sarcoids he has develop very quickly, the severity of these creams and the pain that they will cause. Obviously there is no guarantee that these creams will even be successful and I hate the thought of causing my horse pain and suffering and making him headshy again. In a few weeks it will be fly season (I am plagued by them) I really don't know what to do. Looking for thoughts on the treatment, obviously this isn't a simple case of one sarcoid but rather a few v tricky ones :( thanks in advance
Mt late mare had them after I purchased her, these were dealt with by bands
This mare now got several after I got her, vet dealt with them via liverpool cream and another cream. now all gone oh yes and I used https://www.globalherbs.co.uk/product/sarc-ex powder too

missmatch

Visit site
My horse has multiple sarcoids and has had one frozen off which came back after three years. He was then seen by Jeremy Kemp-Symonds as one is quite large and on his sheath. He was booked for laser surgery but as it was summer and it was so big, Jeremy suggested aciclovir instead. This does keep them under control. They’re no bigger or smaller but with the cream they never get attacked by flies and therefore never bleed or escalate either. I do use fly spray as well. My vet does a bigger tube for £12 but b&m sell the small tubes for about a pound. It’s exactly the same stuff and I have used it a few times when I’ve forgotten to order from the vet. As it stands I’m happy to keep continuing with this. His first removal took a long time to heal only for it to return. I know others who’ve had great success with global herbs however my boy would rather eat his own leg than eat that!

SarahM

Visit site
My horse has multiple sarcoids and has had one frozen off which came back after three years. He was then seen by Jeremy Kemp-Symonds as one is quite large and on his sheath. He was booked for laser surgery but as it was summer and it was so big, Jeremy suggested aciclovir instead. This does keep them under control. They’re no bigger or smaller but with the cream they never get attacked by flies and therefore never bleed or escalate either. I do use fly spray as well. My vet does a bigger tube for £12 but b&m sell the small tubes for about a pound. It’s exactly the same stuff and I have used it a few times when I’ve forgotten to order from the vet. As it stands I’m happy to keep continuing with this. His first removal took a long time to heal only for it to return. I know others who’ve had great success with global herbs however my boy would rather eat his own leg than eat that!
Thanks so much for your message, this sounds like a sensible option to try for us. The flies are a real concern, thanks again for the suggestion x

TotalMadgeness

Visit site
My connie has sarcoids. The ones on his eye were surgically removed, the wound left open & then treated with bleomycin for 60 days on advice of Dr Knottenbelt. It was a horribly long time and the pony needed lots of care, although he put up with everything really well! Unfortunately I think another sarcoid is starting to grow there so I guess the intervention failed. Later in the year he also had GA surgery on what turned out to be melanoma between his hind legs. I have now found a new lump under his dock and two tiny black lumps on his right bum cheek that feel like skin tags but look like very tiny versions of the melanoma. Vet is coming out Monday to review/remove.

SarahM

Visit site
My connie has sarcoids. The ones on his eye were surgically removed, the wound left open & then treated with bleomycin for 60 days on advice of Dr Knottenbelt. It was a horribly long time and the pony needed lots of care, although he put up with everything really well! Unfortunately I think another sarcoid is starting to grow there so I guess the intervention failed. Later in the year he also had GA surgery on what turned out to be melanoma between his hind legs. I have now found a new lump under his dock and two tiny black lumps on his right bum cheek that feel like skin tags but look like very tiny versions of the melanoma. Vet is coming out Monday to review/remove.
What worries me the most is the lack of confidence/probability of the treatment even being successful and so many experience of it not working. I am starting to wonder if ethically I feel his treatment plan is for us. Thanks for sharing your experience and good luck with your boy x