Sarcoid results back and a Sarc-ex question.

Flint12

Visit site
Got the results back about a week ago.

The results came back in-conclusive, so thy may not even be sarcoids. They did however suggest a treatment of liverpool cream.

We have discussed it with the vets and due the sarcoid being on the shoulder and one 8 inches about his hock, we are not going to treat immediatly.

The vet has just said to keep an eye on them and that the treatment will be available if anything changes.

I was just looking at the Sarc-ex supplement, and wondered if it would be worth giving it to him just to see if i could make some difference through using that? Basically wondered what people thought of the supplement.

Thanks

smile.gif

Rosehip

Visit site
Ive never had a ned with Sarcoids myself, but a liveries youngster has a lot of small ones that she hass been treating with a herbal tablet and Thuja cream, which seems to be doing the trick..Ill ask her where she got it from if you like? Think its internet based, so if you google thuja cream it should come up. x

Flint12

Visit site
Ye i have heard about that cream, will have a look for it. That would be grat if you could find out
smile.gif

The issue is that we dont really know what it is. I am reluctant to go slapping stuff on it and to agrevate(sp) it further.

Was just thinking that giving him a supplement might boost his immune system and it may work itself out.

Bit lost really as not sure whether it is or isnt. . .

smile.gif

Flint12

Visit site
Shall have a read. Thanks
smile.gif

What other supplements are there which help support the immune system? I cant think of any of my head. . .

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Thuja is very mild and won't do any harm if they aren't sarcoids. It's used for all sorts of lumps and bumps, not just sarcoids. I bought some to treat a sarcoid on PF's udder that grew massively while she was preggers, but it exploded and dropped off before the cream arrived so I can't say if it would've worked!
blush.gif
I did use the cream on the wound, and it certainly seemed to soothe it, and now it's healed beautifully.

Flint12

Visit site
Rosehip- Thanks for those. . .are they all brands, i know of Red cell and im guessing you can get hold of a Vit E supplement? Would you feed tham all at the same time? Thanks for remebering
smile.gif

Rosehip

Visit site
Hi silicis, yes, Red Cell is the liquid, and then Im sure that the selinium and vet E are a combined supplement.....hang on I'll have a look!! lol! Oh and yes, put all of them in the feed xx

edited as looked on tinternet!! Im 90% sure that the selinium&Vit E supp is a human one...Ill ask my old boss when I see him nex tho - sorry Im not more help!! x

Passtheshampoo

Visit site
I was in a similar situation my filly was diagnosed using photos (not very good ones due to locations) Prof K suggested Liverpool Cream which we have used and just waiting for vet to come back and have another look. My main concern was the cost (up to about a grand so far) which if you are leaving to wait and see just be careful regarding any future insurance claim for vets fees to treat them. The vet will have logged down that your horse has possible sarcoids so if you don't treat until after your ins renewal or within 12 months of noticing them you may find your insurance company tells you to go jump if you put a claim in the future.

Pinkpeeper

Visit site
We used the thuja and it worked!!!
Although as iv said before they may not have been sarcoids. We used the cream but it wasnt very good as it was very thin so just got wipped off. So feed 1 tablet a day (from boots) for 7 days then none for a couple of days then another course of 7 and so on. Took about 3 months i think (could be wrong tho) Stopped giving the tablets in April and so far so good. You cant do any harm with thuja and its nice and cheap
grin.gif

StinkiPinki

Visit site
Build up the immune system as much as you can, the best feed and hay/ haylage you can afford try echinacia and other immune supports.
I did have a horse with small sarcoids that were succesfully removed by placing sheep castration bands around them, the simply died and fell of and just left a tiny white scar. This method dosent work on all types of sarcoid though...