Sarcoid?

phoebe.and.bonnie

Visit site
This is probably a pointless question but hey ho...

Basically, my mare Bonnie went off to retirement livery yesterday. Before she went, I gave her a good proper grooming - something that hasn't happened much whilst she's been at her loan home. Whilst doing so I found a small, hairless nodule in her right 'armpit'. It doesn't seem to bother her at all, but I've asked the people at the retirement livery to keep an eye and their vet will have a look at when he comes to do one of his regular check-ups.

I'm guessing it is a sarcoid, but my only experience with sarcoids has been with a TB who has 'scaly' looking ones. I did a bit of a google at realise that nodular sarcoids do exist but none of the pictures I've seen particularly look like what she had? If I'm honest I thought it was a tick at first!

I'm guessing it probably will turn out to be a sarcoid, but is there anything else it could be? Just when I thought I could stop worrying about her for a bit now I've found livery for her, this happens :p

Thanks xxx

Persephone

Visit site
My last horse had a nodule as you describe on her flank. I had it taken off and it was identified as a melanoma. She was grey so that's what I expected tbh.

I guess only the vet will be able to tell you.