Sarcoids again - sorry!

Gingernags

Visit site
We're pretty sure Byter has a single sarcoid on her belly. It is black, and about the size of a golfball sliced in half. Looking at a site that someone linked to before, its a fibroblastic one.

Vet is coming on Friday to give the spotty terror her jabs, and he's going to look at it, but thought I'd ask on here first -

Has anyone had their horse treated for this size of sarcoid - what with - did it work - and has it come back?

Any info appreciated.

Cheers ta thankies very muchly

shazgeoff

New User
community.webshots.com
dont go down the expensive route.mix up a coffee paste,use normal coffee granules mix with cold water to make a sticky goo,then apply to affected area twice a day.
Its almost guarnteed to work.i know of loads of horses with sarciods,i told them about this and its worked.in some cases they dropped off in 2 weeks.dont know what makes it work but it does and its cheap.

Tia

Visit site
Eeek they are the nasty sarcoids aren't they. I have had a few horses with sarcoids and all of them were treated with Camrosa and all the sarcoids fell off and never returned.........however I never had one with this type. I did know a horse along the road from me who had it and I don't recall them ever getting rid of it, but then they may not have tried to treat it! With this one I would go down the vet route personally. Best of luck.

minesadouble

Visit site
I had a TB with one at the top of his inner thigh. Not quite the size of half a golf ball but getting there. His was treated with the 'Liverpool cream'. Made a lot of mess - burned right down the inside of his leg as the cream makes the sarcoid weep and it must be corrosive (the cream). This was despite me applying heaps of vaseline to the surrounding area. About 10 days later he was left with a crater the size of a saucer & was really lame. At this point I really regretted having it done!

But now the good news! He was sound a month later, the hole in his leg healed completely, he was left with a very small scar (barely noticeable) and the sarcoid did not return in the 7 further years I kept him. He had had this sarcoid removed surgically before the cream and it returned within 18 months.

Good luck with the coffee, but if this fails I would wholeheartedly reccomend the Liverpool cream based on my own experience. Yours may not weep and burn as much as my boy's did because of the location - if its on the belly it should drip off rather than running down the leg as mine did.

metalmare

Visit site
Brill - what a tip. I'll get my friend to try it on her TB and let you know if it woks for us. It's always covered in flies despite spray - is awful and we worry it'll infect.

siennamiller

Visit site
my horse had a sarcoid ( fibroblastic) on the inside of his hind fetlock the size of a tennis ball. I could not ride him and the vet said to put him down.
I hit it with everything, I put on tea tree oil once a day, ditton cream once a day, the hilton herb ( can't remember the name but they are linked to the ditton cream for the sarcoids). I also tied it off with his tail hair and gave him equine america propell plus every day. The sarcoid fell off, the others have healed up and grown hair and so far he has shown no other signs ( it came off june2004) I still give him the propell plus but nothing else and fingers crossed. I also read that vaccinations can cause a flare up as they cause a reaction in the immune system?!My horse is not done cos he was not when I got him but I am scared to get it done
good luck to you, they are vile things and I hope you are as lucky as I was.

hadfos

Visit site
Hiya!!!I have a thoroughbred that i have owned since he woz 8mnths old!!(now 10)Woz horrified wen he developed sarcoids!I d'dnt want 2 get a vet involvd,threw much research,realised that the likelihood of them returning aftr vet treatment woz HUGE!!He had 1 rather large 1 that consisted of nobbly and flat growths,the othr 2 were flat with no hair!Decided 2 try the hilton herbs equimmune and ditton cream,i cannot b'lieve the diff,the big 1 has only 1 nodule left that is hangin off,nd the flat 1's have been reduced 2 pink skin!It is not cheap and it has taken 8wks 2 get 2 this stage,i woz very sceptical,but,without a doubt it has done the trik!!I am sooo chuffd!Hope this is of sme help 2 ya!!
grin.gif
<font color="blue">

Gingernags

Visit site
Vet looked and took a photo when he came for the little horrors jabs. He basically said all other treatments useless and a waste of time and money. He advised the liverpool cream at £100 just for the cream, then however many call outs it takes to apply it.

Bugger.

This is going to be a bit expensive then...
mad.gif

burtie

Visit site
I've tried various remedies on my mare over the years, some made them worse, some had no noticable effect. I had the liverpool cream applied about 7years ago and although it got rid of the original sarcoid new ones developed over the following months. I'm now given up and am about to have a second course of the liverpool treatment in an attempt to prevent the ones on her face spreading to the point where she can't be ridden. For me Sacrcoids is something I'm probably always going to have to live with on her.

TURBOBERT

Visit site
So how come it works then - and only cost about £30! Vets seem to have very differing views. The Liverpool cream is highly toxic and the vet has to administer it hence vast expense. that too can work though. I have had experience of both but isnt it woth trying Camrosa and seeing what happens - only £30 odd to lose!

wanderer

Visit site
hi i just read your post on the sarciods and have a similar case myself what has been the outcome of your horse.
mine has had them 12 months now and has had liverpool cream on.
but they are popping up again this month in other area's,
he had 23 ish and 2 turned fibroblastic now he has 4 (for now).
he is 5 years old and a great horse, just would appreciate any feedback good or bad on similar cases.
its driving me mad. thank you julie

wanderer

Visit site
the problem with sarcoids is that there are several kinds of them and most seem to get the black worty type that you can just band off whereas mines are the flat occult ones that look like little bald patches slightly flakey and then they become active and turn fibroblastic, not all do but its a worrying waiting game.
the flat ones are also very hard to treat as the root is deep inside and treatment only seems effective when they turn nasty. anyone with the flat ones should leave them untill the y turn because the insurance 12 mths clock starts as soon as you get the vet and if they dont turn nasty the first year your gunna be paying for it yourself.
my horses treatment for the last year with liverpool cream cost £900 thats not counting cost of camrosa and sarc-x

Gingernags

Visit site
Well this big black sarcoid that the mare had - burst! We think she had layed on it as there was some goo on the inside of her back leg. We dried it out with wound powder and covered it in purple spray.

This was last summer, it hasn't (touch wood) come back though the area is scaly almost, but it has stayed flat.

Scarlett

Visit site
does anyone know of a site I can find out about the different types of sarcoid? My mare has a tiny, black, wart like lump up behind her ear, some times the head comes of it and it bleeds, sometimes it drys up and looks smaller. My vet previoulsy told me not to worry about it as I was supposed to be selling her on, she is now staying with me so I'd like to try something on it? Am hoping it will respond to camerosa....