Sarcoids, pics for anyone who is interested!

oldie48

Visit site
Definitely a fibroblastic sarcoid, no he didn't make an incision. He'd given Rose some sedation as he was doing her teeth without me holding her, so she was fairly sedated. Basically he just gave it a bloody good squeeze and out it popped. He doesn't think that it will regrow but if you look at the first pic, there's a black mark just in front of the nodule which he thinks may develop further. She's obviously prone to them, so his advice is to keep a check, they are very common on the belly line (I think he said Ventral line?) Also can appear on the eyelids which are more problematic. Advice is to use a good fly spray/gel in the area to keep the flies away. He's put an antiseptic gel on the flap of skin to keep it clean and basically said, "don't worry". I'd been doing some research, so was pretty confident I knew what it was and I got Rose's price drastically reduced as she has what is almost certainly an occult sarcoid on her inner thigh, so I was aware that she might be prone to sarcoids but I certainly didn't expect my lovely vet to deal with it so smartly. I had a previous horse who developed a small sarcoid on the inside of one of his front legs, which was potentially in a place which could have become a problem and he removed it surgically. Love my vet, he's great!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Cracking. Love a good sarcoid photo and thats a cracker! A couple of mine to add to the fun. Much less impressive than yours!

.IMG_20180404_190507.jpgIMAG0159(2).jpg

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
ycbm they are so weird aren't they? I thought he'd probably say leave alone but if it starts to become a problem we can ligate, never for one moment thought he'd deal with it then and there!

I'm jealous, it must have been so much fun being given that one!

Can I suggest you put acyclovir/Zovirax on the hole until it heals over? It doesn't hurt, might help, and is very often suggested by vets to kill off any seed cells left after laser treatment.

oldie48

Visit site
Thanks I'll do that, I have some somewhere! I've read your posts with interest as I thought Rose might develop something. Her occult sarcoid (pretty certain it is) for the time being hasn't changed since I bought her although I keep a close watch on it. Any tips for improving immunity? She gets turmeric and tbh is a picture of health so not sure what else I can do except keep a watching brief!

TreeDog

Visit site
My gelding had quite a few occult/verrucous around his groin. They started becoming more nodular and weeping, I got worried but vet said apply summer fly cream and keep an eye on them. Eventually they fell off one by one. He never seemed bothered by the area. Now he has a very small nodular one left, hopefully this will drop off soon too. Most off them came off when I wasn't there to see, but the biggest I did see come off and here's a very gross photo!
sarcoid.JPG