Sarcoids

spaniel

Visit site
A while ago someone posted a very useful link to a site which explained the different types of sarcoid including descriptions.

A friend is going to view a horse at the weekend which apparently has a sarcoid on its hind end somewhere and although I dont want to put her off the horse (it seems like a very nice horse) I think she ought to know a little about what she might be looking at.

Does anyone know the site that gave all that useful info please??

spaniel

Visit site
Bingo!!

I thought it was your link Tia....many thanks. I will pass it onto my friend - hopefully I wont scare the heck out of her.

Natalie_H

Visit site
Tia - My TB has a sarcoid on the inside of his back leg. I know you are a bit of a pro with the old Camrosa from reading your very knowledgeable posts! If I take a picture, could you let me know if you have dealt with one like it? I know you said you have used camrosa with most types - sorry to hijack the post!
blush.gif

Tia

Visit site
The only sarcoids I haven't dealt with (thankfully, as they look very yucky) are the fibroblastic ones. All of the others, over many years and done on many horses, were cleared up forever with Camrosa. It may not help everyone but I don't have a bad word to say about it, so fire away.
smile.gif

Spaniel; you're welcome.

Natalie_H

Visit site
Thanks Tia! It is the grey flat warty type one - has got bigger over the last 2 summers but still no bigger than a 50p piece. Will post a picture in here tomorrow evening. Really appreciate your advice
laugh.gif
x

Tia

Visit site
I'm not a pro on Camrosa - I've just used it for a decade without ever seeing anything but good results.

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
Tia, tell me about Camrosa on the Verrucose sarcoids please.
A horse I have has 2. 1 the size of a 50p on the side of his face (about 4/5 different bits), and 1 that started off about the size of a computer mouse(between the front legs).
The Camrosa has reduced the one between his legs by half, but just seems to be making the one on his face red and angry.
Any ideas/comments?

Tia

Visit site
I've used it on verrucose sarcoids on the body (I've never used Camrosa on faces) and although I found these ones to take much longer to go than the other types, they did go without going all yucky. They just sort of slathered off and eventually went flat and then the hair grew back.

What does the vet say about the face one? As most know I am a fan of Camrosa, however I am also careful with where I use it and although I know it says you can use it on open wounds, I never have. I've only used it for closed sarcoids and proud flesh - all went and left no further traces and no sarcoids ever returned.

I don't really know what to suggest as I haven't any experience of this happening, sorry. Spaniel and others rate the Thuja Cream - would that be an option for the face one perhaps?

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
The only thing my vet says regarding the face one, is not to apply anything when it is looking red and angry.
We are going to go down the liverpool cream route, I really want them gone before I turn him away for the summer.