sarcoids

be positive

Visit site
Be very careful using anything on it, most products promote healing which may increase the cell production which is the last thing you want to do, there are various treatments but it depends on what type of sarcoid it is, I have used Thuja for one horse but his was on his face, very small and went within a few months, his others had previously had veterinary treatment.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Watchful neglect is the way to go atm, if it is not causing him any trouble. Sarcoids are one of the conditions listed as ‘may need a visit’ during the current lockdown, ie a relatively dormant one can be left but an angry active one may need veterinary attention.

3989C673-359B-4B73-A9CB-52588AB01CFA.jpeg

Flamenco

Visit site
Take a picture of it so you can compare it, keep monitoring it, don't put anything on it and call your vet if it changes.

Mine had three which disappeared within 4 months. Had a vet out twice, and this was all she did. She insisted on the second visit as she didn't believe they'd gone. She was expecting to laser them off.

Shumacher

Visit site
my horse has developed a sarcoid on his sheath, can anyone recommend effective treatment? Currently using aloe vera...
Look up for sarcoid centre group on FB. Tracy have there amazing results and so many feedback from customers with photos. We will going her direction shortly so cant say from own experience yet but you can make your own opinion on her page.
All you need to be prepared that you may need change the way you feed your horse.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Just to reiterate do not put anything on a sarcoid that’s makes skin heal .
Are the flys bothering it ?

CJoe

Visit site
yellow summer fly cream will stop flys and shrink or heal it if it's angry, leave well alone unless it is angry, take a pic, speak to vet...

horselover11

Visit site
I know someone who used Newmarket blood root ointment and it seemed to work ?. They’ve not grown back since using the cream

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Is Thuja cream or Blood Root ok for sarcoids? Mine has what I suspect are sarcoids near his sheath too.

Yes but it's no gentle homeopathy/ herbal cure, it contains a very aggressive chemical and if carries exactly the same risk of 'waking up' a dormant sarcoid as any other treatment, so it needs veterinary supervision unless you know what you are doing.

Boots*McGruber

Visit site
Yes but it's no gentle homeopathy/ herbal cure, it contains a very aggressive chemical and if carries exactly the same risk of 'waking up' a dormant sarcoid as any other treatment, so it needs veterinary supervision unless you know what you are doing.
Thank you for the advice. It’s not something I’ve come across before so a bit out of my depth. He’s had one of them for a while and it hasn’t changed but the smaller one is new. Seems like it’s best to keep an eye on them until the vets resume usual service.

jules9203

www.pensdellequestrian.org.uk
Unless they are changing leave them alone. As mentioned before take photos so you have something to compare. Sarcoids can go away on there own, stay as they are or be very aggressive. If they are the aggressive type then anything you do to them could cause them to come back bigger and more aggressive. I had tried creams, banding, freezing and Liverpool cream and every time it came back bigger. I then used a micro-therapy treatment that at first caused the sarcoid to drop off, however 4 months later is was back and there were also 3 new ones . 3 of them bleed regularly and the only thing I can put on them to keep flies away is the Sarcoid Centre's cream. Anything else upsets them. The horse is now retired and the insurance ran out long ago! A vet did tell me recently that the most successful current treatment has only 60% success rate.

Boots*McGruber

Visit site
Unless they are changing leave them alone. As mentioned before take photos so you have something to compare. Sarcoids can go away on there own, stay as they are or be very aggressive. If they are the aggressive type then anything you do to them could cause them to come back bigger and more aggressive. I had tried creams, banding, freezing and Liverpool cream and every time it came back bigger. I then used a micro-therapy treatment that at first caused the sarcoid to drop off, however 4 months later is was back and there were also 3 new ones . 3 of them bleed regularly and the only thing I can put on them to keep flies away is the Sarcoid Centre's cream. Anything else upsets them. The horse is now retired and the insurance ran out long ago! A vet did tell me recently that the most successful current treatment has only 60% success rate.
Crikey, I had a slight inkling that there were different ways of dealing with sarcoids but it’s more complex than I thought. 60% is not great at all :(:( Thanks for your advice. They don’t seem to be affecting him in an obvious way at the moment but the flies do seem to congregate around the bigger, redder one.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
A vet did tell me recently that the most successful current treatment has only 60% success rate.

I can believe that. It often needs battering with caustic chemicals day after day until it gives in, and it's just impractical for any vet to be able to do that.