Sasquatch Has A New Friend

sasquatch

Visit site
So, I know what many may think - Sasquatch, you're going into your final year of college, why have you bought a new horse?

Well, the simple answer is I haven't been well, and have a condition called POTS. I've put a lot of weight on, and I'm struggling some days with going to the gym. Part of my condition can be helped by exercise whilst sitting down, and building up my lower legs again (you can see where I'm going hehe) and as well as that, I may have a connective tissue disorder and it's a case of it's going to take years for a diagnosis and then the treatment I need, and then to be able to exercise. If riding helps keep me active and my body moving, keeps me feeling mentally good and is much more pain-free than in the gym then there's absolutely no harm. I also was in the team that one first at the university varsities for prix caprilli and it struck me that if I can't get in control of my joints, I may not be able to keep riding much longer.

And I also know I just need a horse who is able to bring me on and get my confidence back jumping around bigger courses and doing a bit more. I don't want to affiliate yet as I don't have the time or money too, but local shows is more than achievable and there is a very good local riding club too.

So, this is Tina. She's a 16.2hh KWPNxISH. She's 9, hasn't done much for the last two years and she's by Womanizer and has King of Diamonds on her damside too. She's out of work, not fit and needs a lot of muscle, but she will jump (probably bigger than I want to jump lol). She won't go affiliated, and she's very much the type of horse that will bring me on and teach me so that when I'm ready to get something and try jumping bigger tracks and have the time and money to be competing at a higher level, I will be able to do it. She is a bit of a handful, but nothing I can't handle. She hasn't done much over the last two years, but she has been very well schooled when she was young so it's just me needing to learn how to ride her and school her, and we're getting there. We also need a saddle that's a decent fit too.

(apologies for photo size - I'm not completely sure how to resize)

57331396_2629451380403885_6272292036313874432_n.jpg58380095_2629451493737207_881195364923736064_n.jpg
58986721_2634511936564496_7312569296209575936_n.jpg
57504350_2629451373737219_5402892141938606080_n.jpg

sasquatch

Visit site
Pretty!!!
If that is you riding , you look really lovely on her :)

Yes, that's me riding. Thank you! Was actually the first time I'd ridden her at the new place :)
I'm not actually all that tall and we still need to sort a proper saddle so I've been riding in my jump saddle until I get sorted which doesn't help with my position lol

sasquatch

Visit site
You both look really good;)

Thank you!

She's my first proper horse! The canter is very big and very uphill so a big change from my small trotter cob thing who didn't know how to make his back and front end work together. We'll be giving a bit of basic dressage a go once we've got the canter under control (and a saddle) to try and start getting her out a bit. I'll make sure to get lots of photos :)