Saving bees from drowning

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
What colour are your water trugs?
Bees and insects generally seem to try to drown themselves more often in blue or yellow trugs than in other colours

Yes the one they are most attracted to is blue. They also really liked the purple one in my other paddock but it’s green and slimy at the moment as unused. They’re not so interested in the green or red trugs.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
What colour are your water trugs?
Bees and insects generally seem to try to drown themselves more often in blue or yellow trugs than in other colours
I didn't know that, ours were all changed from green in the field to blue. I just thought it was a good year for bees! To be fair, we have made a bee sanctuary on the lawn and panted lavender so it IS also a good year for bees!

paddy555

Visit site
I have this problem with my field troughs which are white human baths so white is not a good colour for repelling them. I just have lots of inspections then fish them out. I manage to save quite a few.

If you use water trugs could you just use black water buckets. I don't remember ever having a problem with buckets. Perhaps a smaller surface area deters them.