Saw a very nice horse today... could be the one?

LauraBR

Visit site
6yo TB- not exactly the stereotype to get someone back into things but OMG he's a little honey!

Belongs to a friend who breaks and schools, she got him a few weeks ago and called me to say she might have just the ned for me.

He was so quiet, lovely lovely horse. Laid back, honest, genuine horse. Felt so nervous when I got on (took me by surprise a bit!) but after no time we were trotting round in a lovely outline, cantering round, even jumped him! Cracking lad.

So, going back to ride him some more at the weekend, hack him out etc. Hes then going to be brought over to my yard and be schooled over the xc there for me to see and go from there. No rush, he's not advertised and I can really take my time to see him in every situation possible.

Going to see something similar tomorrow evening too.

Not such great news on the devil horse front- apparently he's been a right b*****d with the people who have him on trial. But they are persevering, going to call me after the weekend.

Ash the arab

Visit site
He sounds really sweet! I hope everything works out for you, including the devilboy!!
tongue.gif

ruscara

Visit site
Sounds like you are fond of him already! I so much hope it all goes well for you.
Not so good for Fal. It's good that they are giving him a chance, though.

Hornby

Visit site
Just a voice of caution - is the TB well in himself? Not quiet due to being underweight or unfit or shocked to no longer be in training?? Try everything you can think of with him to see what happens (just being v.v. cautious after Fal, as he was quiet to start, if I recall). Hoping for the best, B

dunc_n_toby

Visit site
Have to agree with Hornby on this one, having had experiences with many TB's, not known of a very quiet one that is very quiet in ALL ways.

Good luck I hope he is the one

LauraBR

Visit site
Fair point. He does need a bit of weight on... hmmmm...

Be interesting to see how he changes over the weeks, at least with this one I have the opportunity to see how he goes over the next few weeks before even thinking about making a decision.

Parkranger

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
having had experiences with many TB's, not known of a very quiet one that is very quiet in ALL ways.

Good luck I hope he is the one

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately agree with that quote!

Think you're doing the right thing hacking him out aswell......my TB is great in the saddle but definately has quirks on the ground!

dieseldog

Visit site
I've had 2 ex racehorses and they were both dead quiet in all ways, so they do exist. If he has been at your friends place a while I would think he was OK, how good a friend are they?

LauraBR

Visit site
She is the girl who did most of the work with Fal when he was sent away. She knows what I've been through with him better than most and like I say, I can do as much as I like with him before I consider buying.

We'll see, certainly right to be cautious but then I guess the same applies to any horse!

I've had a TB before and I don't mind a bit of typical TB fizz, just don't want anything that habitually bucks, lacks brakes, or rears.

Off to see another TB this evening... rising 8, been competing all year in all sorts, sounds a nice all rounder...

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Well that sounds really postive! I really hope everything works out for you and you find the horse of your dreams!

Shame about the 'devil horse' quote, but at least they aren't giving up!!

Gingernags

Visit site
Glad its going well in the horse hunt and you have some positives!

If you find a nice 15hh-15.2 on your travels that doesn't suit you but would be a decent hack with the odd unaffiliated dressage, not a native but cross would be fine, 4-8 years - feel free to pass on the details! (I know, I know, I'm a cheeky beggar but its sooooo difficult finding good 'uns!!!)

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I used to have a 5 year old TB who was practically horizontal he was sooooooo quiet... so they do exist
smile.gif

The others have been livelier (and PF is rather spooky!) but they've all been pretty straight-forward rides (actually... PF has been the most 'difficult' of the lot!)
Hope you get some pics to show us soon
smile.gif
smile.gif