Say a horse you very much love is offered up for sale...

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
Say a horse who you get on wonderfully with, comes up for sale just as you're looking for two family cobs? He's gentle, kind, forward-going but wonderful with beginners, and you've known him years, simply 'clicked' the first time you met, but isn't up to carrying the parents, and is really old... What would you do?

I'm not saying I'm in this situation, but it's pretty possible under the circumstances...

Thankies!
- Midders

beaconhorse

Visit site
Sounds harsh but if he is not able to do what you are looking for then no matter how fond you are of him he is not suitable, not too mention you say he is very old. No doubt his age is a good enough reason for some to sell and move onto something younger before he is too old to sell.

Personally I would not buy him! There are plenty of lovely kind horses out there

RunToEarth

Visit site
When I was trying horses out last year I tried this gorgeous chesty out. He was only rising four but STUNNING and he had the most amazing character. It took alot for me to admit that I could never ever bring this horse on, not with all the love in the world, he was just not right for me, and wouldnt do what I needed him for, so for me, its mind over matter, I am a quite sensible girl really, and I couldnt buy anything that wasnt going to do what I needed them for

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Unless money is no object & you can buy him to rescue, I wouldn't go there. You can't let your heart rule your head. It's harsh I know but horses are too expensive to be just pets. The only time I'd have one as a pet is when my lad comes up to retirement, he will have worked hard for me & I will look after him till the end.
frown.gif

filly190

Visit site
I am afraid I would have to buy him, otherwise you'll be wondering about him all the time. Let your heart lead your head for once, we've all done it.