Say Hello to Musical Spirit (Cally).

Folara

Visit site
As a few of you may remember we sadly lost our little colt last year and so the decision of whether to put Millie back into foal or not was a very hard one.

Any way we did... to Medoc .... and here is the result.

HPIM0166.jpg

MusicalSpirit004.jpg

MusicalSpirit001.jpg

HPIM0167.jpg

And one of Millie:

MusicalSpirit003.jpg

We have called her Musical Spirit as Mums 'proper' name is Millers Song and obviously Dad is Medoc and thats a wine region etc. We are calling her Cally for her 'everyday' name.

She was born at 12.45am on Monday 16th July 2007. Mum had an OK birth but then get over stressed and over protective so we have had to keep a close eye but NOT interfere - even when Millie gives Cally a hard shove to get her up. Its been a fraught few days, especially as depsite no sleep I have to work. Thank god for Lin who has been a star and done loads of baby-watching stints through the night.

Both are very well now tho and hopefully will go out tomorrow.

Sorry the photos are not that brilliant but im a terrible photographer and Cally wouldnt stay still!!

Thanks to all those that told me to 'go for it'. I am so glad I did. Cally is not exactly what I had in mind (a chestnut filly lol) but I love her to bits and wouldnt change her for the world.

brackenhappy

Visit site
awwww she is beautiful! love the name as well! i've put my mare back into foal was hard decision as i lost my last foal but they are deffo worth it when they arrive!! mum looks really good as well. keep us updated how they are gettin on

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
That's going to be one very lovely person I think - and huge by the frame on her! Well done., don't blame you for being proud.
I'm fascinated by the numbers on the walls, what do they signify? Our numbers were the cowstalls and I won't paint over them for anything!

severnmiles

Visit site
Gorgeous!!! And distantly related to the chestnut in my siggy! And of course a half brother to Red Baron...
laugh.gif

Lovely name!

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
Oh stunning!

(Sorry, I didn't mean to bully you earlier but you can't let slip you've a little one and give no details!)
grin.gif

I've a lovely medoc mare in the yard to compete atm and I used to ride one that looks just like Cally......I'll have to dig out a pic if I can find one.
smile.gif

Congratulations....you must be thrilled.
smile.gif

Folara

Visit site
We converted the old stall area where the sheep used to be. It hasnt been used in years and years and there was loads of junk in there to clear out but it has made a MASSIVE and super foaling stable which is very close to fields etc. We like them .... its like having one of those alphabet friezes that babies have in their rooms.

Cally should make about 16.2hh and be a good stamp. Medoc is Hanovarian but of the old sort and Mills is IDxTB. Millis is 16.2hh and Medoc is 16.3hh. Cally measured in at nearly 10hh today.

I am VERY proud and VERY tired and just a tad emotional atm.

I will post more piccies as soon as she is out and about more.

Thanks for all the lovely comments. Be nice if she is as good as Medoc's other progeny - they all seem to do great at everything.

Folara

Visit site
Ooooh Bananaman would lurve to see a piccy. Am hoping Cally will be as laid back as both her parents are. She is very nosey and loves to say hello to everyone.

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
Congratulations Folara, she is gorgeous
laugh.gif

That is the one thing about breeding, when you are put against a bad time, you need to put it behind you and look to the future (easier said than done sometimes). However, look what beauty you now have...........
cool.gif

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
Here we are Folara.

Please excuse the quality of the first snap.

My Prima Donna, 70 odd BD points, then went successfully BSJA, at her first ridden outing at 4yrs old.

2007-07-18-1905-35_edited.jpg

Then there's Rhiannon V, my new ride, this is my first schooling session with her...
DSC02211.jpg

Folara

Visit site
Thanks Bananaman. I love the look of Prima Donna, nice and compact with good self-carriage. Be great if Cally turns out to be like her (and as successful). Is she still competing and if so what at etc?

Rhiannon V is lovely too, I assume she is the Medoc girly? She looks the same colour as Merriadoc was - rich dark bay. How old is she and what are you doing with her?

Im so looking forward to doing 'things' with Cally, but not wishing the time away as such. You know what I mean?

Have to say tho..... I think I am in love with your coloured horse, how stunning is he/she.

I now have a coloured boy and a chestnut girly ... hmmm wonder what I *might* get next time. Lol.

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
Thanks Folara.

I'm glad you like the look of Prima but looks can be decieving! She was nice in the stable but a bi*ch to ride. On one occassion we scored a 9 and a 1 in the same test!

I do have to say that of the five Medoc youngsters I've known/ridden Rhiannon is by far the nicest. She can be grumpy in the stable however but a dream to ride!
I'd much rather have it that way round!!!
She has 75 BD points and is qualified for Novice and Elem Open Regionals, working at Medium and has just started changes.
Oh and she is 9yrs old, a late starter due to her owner not finding a rider for her to start her until she was nearly 6 but we're hoping to make up for lost time.
smile.gif

I think Cally is lovely and will follow her progress with interest.
smile.gif

Early days but what are your plans for her?

Folara

Visit site
Ah yes I know a certain young coloured horse called General that can do the 9 or 1 score trick... although saying that he IS getting better.

I like the look of Rhiannon, she has nice conformation and is using herself well - even better considering its her first schooling session. Sometimes its better to let them mature and I dont think 9 is particularly old for what she is doing. She definately has talent to burn and I am sure will go a long way. Good luck with the Regionals, where are you going for them? We are going to miss them this time due to Gen throwing his toys out of the pram atm. Still, plenty of time yet, he is just 7 and competing at Elem.

I would much rather they were better to ride too. Its easier to handle a bit of attitude in the stable than it is on board. Medoc and Millie both have good trainable temps so fingers crossed Cally will be fine.

I made the mistake with Gen of not doing enough when he was younger. Although I handled him loads I didnt walk him out or travel him anywhere so when I came to do it we had a few problems to overcome. It was hard at the time as I was getting divorced and lost everything, only keeping Gen cos I signed him over to my best mate. So no money, no travelling etc. and 2 small kids to look after.

This time is going to be different. I have my OWN lorry etc.

GOD I WAFFLE - Sorry!!

I plan to do a little bit of showing with her as a babe, then hopefully she will go on to be our next dressage star for my friend Mike. We joked today that she will be his GP horse .. but then you just never know.

juliehannah58

Visit site
She is absolutely stunning. As an owner of two chestnut mares don't believe what you hear, I specifically went looking for one in March.

She really is gorgeous, you must be so thrilled!
smile.gif