Say hi to Grace...

_jetset_

Visit site
She has just had her feet trimmed (was very good) and I turned her back out with the mares... I couldn't resist taking some photos because she was getting accepted by the mare herd.

I will try to get some better shots later on tonight (ones of her in her stable etc) but I was just so excited she was settling!
GraceOctober2006003.jpg

GraceOctober2006002.jpg

GraceOctober2006001.jpg

_jetset_

Visit site
Thanks... I have to admit, this no rug thing is killing me!

She will look better once she has been in my camp for a while, but at least I have a before and after shot! The mane is going either today or tomorrow and she is being introduced to clippers on Sat because when she sweats up the vet thinks it is causing these dry skin patches she has all down her neck and we need to clear them up so new coat will grow

_jetset_

Visit site
I do feel better... I could actually sleep last night which was nice!

She has so much potential hidden under her wooly coat and lack of muscle... only thing is she can be quite lazy on the lunge. Won't bloody canter for more than 5-6 strides!

_jetset_

Visit site
He he... but wait until 6 months time, she will look nothing like this (hopefully)!

She is lovely and has a great nature although like any youngster is a little spooky and jumpy when new things come along. But she is also quite brave too.

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
She's lovely! And she looks very very happy with her new best friend.

As for the cantering on the lunge she's probably finding it difficult, being unfit and unbalanced, as opposed to being truly lazy. Lots of trot work will build her up and try to make your canter circles as big as possible (obviously depends on the size of the school).

Can't wait to see more piccies