Scare down at the yard

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Was down at the yard this evening and one of the ponies(an oldie) went down suddenly in it's box
frown.gif
Went down with one hell of a bang too.
Looked to me like a fit if some kind,or perhaps even a heart problem.......neck outstreched,blowing quite hard,eyes glazed over and then down it went....back end went first,then it crashed against the side of the box.
Ran to get the YO,who was about as useful as the proverbial chocolate teapot.
crazy.gif

Anyway,after a few minutes it got up,almost as if nothing had happened.It was like it had just come round from an anaesthetic or something,very bizarre.
frown.gif

Really hope it's OK,and that the YO has phoned the ponies' owner to let her know.

Fingers crossed guys that it's nothing serious
confused.gif

Bethxx

samsaccount

Visit site
I really hope he is okay, certainly must have been a big scare especially if the pony didn't seem to know it had happened. Any idea if the owner will have the vet out for tests?

Happytohack

Visit site
Exactly the same thing happened to my old chap - standing one minute and then bang - down in his box, eyes glazed. After a while he got up and seemed fine. We called the vet who said he had a form of a heart attack. He was fine for ages and was PTS a couple of years later (unrelated)

Louby

Visit site
How awful, I witnessed a few years ago an old mare on the yard collapsing and sort of fitting. She got up in a trance like state, it was awful and so upsetting. She had done it before and sadly was PTS the following day as she did it again. Owner never found out what was up with her but we suspected she'd had cushings for a few years.
I hope hes ok

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Exactly the same thing happened to my old chap - standing one minute and then bang - down in his box, eyes glazed. After a while he got up and seemed fine. We called the vet who said he had a form of a heart attack. He was fine for ages and was PTS a couple of years later (unrelated)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what it was like with this little pony.It was as if she just didn't even know it had happened
frown.gif