Scary Story

GTs

Visit site
My friend who is a vet got a call this morning from the police who had found a sick horse by a local council estate. She arrived and found the horse down on a basketball court. The horse had a heart rate of 120, so dehydrated that she struggled to get a catheter in.

The story (the owner was found very quickly) the horse lived only a few blocks away - it is believe with the stress of being sick broke out of its stable and went wondering, before collapsing.

Between the group - owner, 3 policeman, my friend, a number of spectators they managed to bundle up the horse and get it to the hospital. The horse walked right into the induction roomed, and had surgery.

The horse is at my friends almar mater, so she is planning a trip down to see it. She has promised me that when she has a horse there if I can come down she will take me and show me around. Now this hospital has a very nice young patient who I would love to see.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I will give you a hint:

1147087800_2836.jpg

Fairynuff

Visit site
Thats Barbaro isnt it. Beautiful horse with a huge fighting spirit.Ive been following his progress in "The Horse" mag and Seeminly his resected hind is starting to grow back well. If youre lucky enough to meet him, give him a hug from me please.
Glad the sick horse was found in time-let us know the outcome. Mairi.

GTs

Visit site
It is Barbaro - this horse got taken to UPenn, the only place who will accept a horse who could potentially have salmonella. Still have not got word from my friend yet.....