Sceptics look away now...Anne Dee (communicator) & Summer update

catembi

Visit site
I have been using Anne since 2006 when Catembi was seriously ill, & her accuracy should have stopped astonishing me by now.

Lately, I've been having some issues with Summer.

Increasingly stressy
Always grumpy-looking
Had a v v spooky hack when she shied so hard at nothing (not at all like her) that she went half down, I fell off & she ran home. I caught her at home & got back on, but she was spooking & snorting etc etc every few strides all the way to my dr lesson (6km) all the way through it & all the way back.
She has bitten me hard, unprovoked i.e. not feeding treats, ponies not nearby.
Impatient to mount

I booked a session with Anne, telling her no more than the above & probably not all of it. She said:

The darker of the two (very recently bought & "properly" fitted) saddles is pinching her
She has been getting more & more tense because of it
It's got worse as I've done more with her (I was redundant for a month so had a month to play ponies)
She has been biting etc as she's frustrated that she's been trying to say that something's wrong & I haven't picked up on it
She has been getting headaches as a result of holding herself badly

So then I got out a properly qualified physio whom I've used before, a fully certified professional person. I just told her the physical issues, then she told me the following:

Jumping saddle (brown) is fine; dr saddle (black) is very tight & pinching (where S said it was pinching)

She started working with her & I had to go into the house for a bit, & when I came out, she said, 'look how much she loves this' and was massaging her forehead. She did actually love it & do an ecstatic face when usually she is grumpy. She found that S loves all sorts of head massage. I had said nothing at all about headaches.

So, yeah. Boswellia for headaches & I've been shown how to massage her to help her. And saddle shopping again! A nuisance because out of the two I prefer the dr saddle. But every time she's been 'naughty', it's been in the dr saddle. Including That Day when I fell off - I'd been riding more in the dr saddle. That must have been why she was 'naughty' every step of the way when you'd expect her to be tired after 12km & a lesson.

I know I sound batty, but I thought the 'bad behaviour' was down to too much food, not enough work, getting fitter etc etc & have been looking at one or two other horses, thinking that she was too much for me. When all along I was putting the pieces together wrongly. And she was unexpectedly (to me) totally fine doing a polework/jumping lesson on Sun that involved hacking to somewhere she hadn't been before, i.e. new route, in the frost, meeting a load of other horses, in a spooky arena. I was expecting ructions & she didn't put a foot wrong - and she was in the jumping saddle.

Anyway, we shall get the dr saddle sorted or replaced, keep up the massage and see where we are!

monkeymad

Visit site
I had a session with Ann Dee as a jokey birthday present from a friend, as I am a total sceptic about those things!. I deliberately told Ann half truths, really to catch her out - but what she told me about my horse, tiny little details that I had given her no info or leads about, was amazing, and actually spooked me out to be honest!!! Glad she has helped you - horses throw us so many curveball, that anything which helps should be grabbed gratefully!!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I have never used Anne but have used a different communicator and found her accurate, even things that didn't seem to be right at the time were proved to be - a bit like your saddle fit.
Apart from that, I have learned over the years to suspect saddle fit as the cause of any behaviour problems and that the horse knows better than the 'saddle-fitter' whether the saddle is comfortable or not.
And, like you, I also suspect food as a cause of behaviour problems.
I'm glad you've got to the bottom of the problem, even if the solution is rather expensive.

Leo Walker

Visit site
The place where Bobbie is runs reiki courses and uses the horses on the yard as guinea pigs. Bobbie has been looked at a few times and the feedback has been incredibly accurate. These are strangers that come on to the yard taught by someone not associated with the yard, but even if they asked about her, its stuff I havent told anyone. The reiki teacher has such a weird feeling to her as well. Almost to the point of it feeling like she has a tangible aura. I walked round after her the other day watching her and the horses without question responded positively to her.

I dunno, it sounds like utter nonsense and I know that logically but I do think theres something in it. I had such a weird experience with Leo once, so much that it upset me to the point I thought I was going to throw up. I was so strung out about it I posted on here at the time. There is no other explanation at all for what happened with him other than him communicating with me or me finally losing it.

And I often feel like horses are talking to me. Not out loud, but just that they are communicating something to me. I quite often know whats wrong and where. I suspect most of it is knowing how to read horses, but is that all of it? Who knows!

Follysmum

Visit site
I love reading positive feedback from when people have had communication with their horses. I have worked closely and trained with a communicator over the years, I have had some amazing experiences that have really blown me away.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
And I often feel like horses are talking to me. Not out loud, but just that they are communicating something to me. I quite often know whats wrong and where. I suspect most of it is knowing how to read horses, but is that all of it? Who knows!

Horses communicate with other horses easily, so I can't see any reason why they wouldn't communicate with receptive humans. I have a friend who was waiting for treatment for bowel cancer and then undergoing chemo for it. The Draft horse took to running her nose over friend's mid-section, before diagnosis. She never did it to any-one else and stopped doing it to my friend a few months after the chemo finished. How did she know? Goodness knows!

hellfire

Visit site
Horses communicate with other horses easily, so I can't see any reason why they wouldn't communicate with receptive humans. I have a friend who was waiting for treatment for bowel cancer and then undergoing chemo for it. The Draft horse took to running her nose over friend's mid-section, before diagnosis. She never did it to any-one else and stopped doing it to my friend a few months after the chemo finished. How did she know? Goodness knows!
Horses know more than we mere humans realise. Sparky can be a silly twit a lot of the times but when my medical condition flares up he knows, when I've been sad he knows. Wrapping his neck around my body as to give me a hug. Walking beside me really stupify slowly as he knew I couldn't lead him any faster. Licking and trying to groom my back where the pain was seering. They must get frustrated we don't understand them so well.

Follysmum

Visit site
One of the most touching experiences I had was with a horse that had A false leg. I was stood outside his stable on a visit with the communicator and I burst into a massive flood of tears! Apparently he told the communicator he was passing on to me how he was feeling, it came from no where and I was so emotional. Sad

catembi

Visit site
Awwww, Hellfire, that's so sweet!

Yeah I think that Summer gets frustrated that I don't understand her.

The whole thing is def really spooky. Anne is so, so confident & def in tune with the horse. You can really see the connection. The first time I used her with Summer, S was really freaked out by it all as she could obviously 'hear' Anne (I don't mean on the phone; I mean in her head or sense her presence or whatever) but couldn't see her. She was looking around & snorting & really didn't like it. But then all of a sudden she 'got' it. She hung about grabbing at me or the phone until she'd finished & then wandered off grazing. Subsequently, she has tried to grab my phone several times and has looked puzzled that it isn't 'working'.

Normally she pretty much ignores me, but in the recent session she kept touching my arm with her nose and then when she was 'saying' something, she was nodding her head with her ears back. Really getting quite animated, & she's not at all interactive normally.

I am a compliance auditor, & very much 'if you can't prove it, it didn't happen', yet I really am 100% confident that there IS a connection.

And the accuracy. E.g. 'the darker saddle'. Absolutely no hesitation & 100% correct. How could she even know that my saddles are different colours? And today in the physio session, we tried on the saddles and there was no doubt at all that she wasn't happy with the dr saddle.

Anyway, at least we now have a plan & I can justify going saddle shopping again!

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I often work with people who had severe trauma in childhood and can "see" where i happened. I rarely tell clients this, but did with one woman who was struggling t tell me the content of her flashback and had to ask her if school gym wallbars had any meaning for her, she said no but the wooden structure in the back of a wagon looked much the same and that was what she was seeing. It allowed her then to speak. One of our horses looked after the first sheep we had and they definitely communicated across species.
I have also had a communicator, by photo and phone, with one of my horses and the results were amazing.

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Soon after I fell pregnant with my 1st my pony nuzzled my stomach when I was grooming him. He them just stood there with his muzzle near it. Never done it before in the years I owned him nor done it since.

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
I think horse communicators are brilliant. I use one for my mare and within seconds of entering the stable she new she was bored because I'd laid off work for a while, not only that but she told me how the incident had happened which had caused her to be laid of work! Then she noticed she was in a lot of pain with her tooth and was begging me to get the dentist out. I did and it transpired she had a massive fractured tooth.

Also told me about another horse using her headcollar and it turned out a member of staff had because the new livery had forgotten to leave a headcollar out for bringing in her horse from the paddock so the staff member had borrowed mine.

Finally followed by the fact I'd stopped feeding a small nut which he loved (A&P veteran vitality!).

Amazing, I always listen to what she says especially if its a health concern and follow it up and she's never been wrong! The bit about her wanting a 'jazzy' browband and a white salt lick to replace the Himalyan rock I'm working on! lol

pansymouse

Visit site
Whilst it's not my thing you've clearly used it in a positive way and acted on the messages to improve the wellbeing of your horse which no one can argue with.

On the other hand people who use animal communication to see if their horse loves them or to help them choose bling matchy matchy need slapping all day, every day.

SadKen

Visit site
I think this is rather interesting. I'm an open minded sceptic, and I find the stories that I hear fascinating.

I can 'hear' my mare in my head (generally criticism!). It doesn't happen with every horse and I bought her on the basis that I could 'hear' her (she told me to hurry up when I tried her, because I was messing with my stirrups). My guess is that I am picking up on her body language and my brain is translating that into what I think she would say. I've recently started telling both dogs and my mare what's going to happen next, and I think they have all responded positively to it. More things in heaven and earth...

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

Smell. Their sense of smell is far better than ours. There are people who can smell Parkinson's before it develops. Dogs have been trained to smell cancer and there are artificial neural network noses in development for the detection of cancer from breath.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Smell. Their sense of smell is far better than ours. There are people who can smell Parkinson's before it develops. Dogs have been trained to smell cancer and there are artificial neural network noses in development for the detection of cancer from breath.

Very possibly, it certainly wasn't because my friend knew what was wrong, although she knew that she had a problem.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site

Lucy Rees thinks their sense of smell is almost akin to a dogs in sensitivity.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Lucy Rees thinks their sense of smell is almost akin to a dogs in sensitivity.

I wouldn't be at all surprised. I've always assumed that when a horse spooks badly at 'nothing', it can either hear or smell something that I can't.

An instructor once bawled me out for excusing my horse being unsettled. There was horse blood from a veterinary procedure all over the floor near his arena.

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
I am a sceptic but would love to believe that there is someone who can actually communicate with my horse. He's a troubled beast and my YO is brilliant at understanding the upset and helping us work through it in lessons. We know what upsets him and take care with calm clear requests, but that is "just" good horsemanship. And it's definitely helping horse appear more content/less worried about the world. But the idea of being able to be told specifics is intriguing... That said, he definitely hates having his face washed and tells me in no uncertain terms 😁

SEL

Visit site

Yup - should have seen how tense both my horses and my cat were around me in the run up to my type 1 diabetes being diagnosed (& I was clueless I was ill). None of them would be any good as medical assistants because rather than calm sympathy, I got anxiety from all 3. A few weeks after I started insulin and my blood sugars came down the cat went back to her normal cuddly self. They can teach dogs to warn diabetics about high and low blood sugar, so I have no doubt cats and horses can smell the difference.

Militaire is certainly very sensitive. We lost a horse with colic the other week at the yard and I knew the vet had PTS because M stopped eating and spend a good minute staring in the direction of the arena where the sick horse was. He can't see the arena from his stable, but he knew the horse had gone.

Carrottom

Visit site
I occasionally have the sense that a horse is communicating, usually to stop something. E.g. We loaded a mare in the trailer, she was always good to load and travel, it started to bucket down with rain blowing into the back of the trailer. Husband started to shut the top back section on her side to stop the rain blowing in and I heard "no, no, don't" in my head. I asked him to open it and the sense in my head stopped.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Yup - should have seen how tense both my horses and my cat were around me in the run up to my type 1 diabetes being diagnosed (& I was clueless I was ill). None of them would be any good as medical assistants because rather than calm sympathy, I got anxiety from all 3. A few weeks after I started insulin and my blood sugars came down the cat went back to her normal cuddly self. They can teach dogs to warn diabetics about high and low blood sugar, so I have no doubt cats and horses can smell the difference.

Militaire is certainly very sensitive. We lost a horse with colic the other week at the yard and I knew the vet had PTS because M stopped eating and spend a good minute staring in the direction of the arena where the sick horse was. He can't see the arena from his stable, but he knew the horse had gone.

I am quite often nauseous as a side effect of my medication. I'm not sick very often though. I always know when its going to go from nausea to actual vomiting as Floyd gets up and leaves the room! Floyd is a really loving cuddly dog but hes also a typical self centred sigh hound and wants no part of actual vomiting :p Hes not keen on being around me when I have a high blood sugar either.

SEL

Visit site
I am quite often nauseous as a side effect of my medication. I'm not sick very often though. I always know when its going to go from nausea to actual vomiting as Floyd gets up and leaves the room! Floyd is a really loving cuddly dog but hes also a typical self centred sigh hound and wants no part of actual vomiting :p Hes not keen on being around me when I have a high blood sugar either.
Sounds like my cat!! Expects me to clear up her hairball related vomit but if I'm feeling ill she's got better things to do (sleeping...)

SEL

Visit site
Lots of interesting stories!

Yes I’m on FB Cortez, and will PM you my real name so you can find me 😄

I'm very much of the belief that just because I can't do or understand something doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

I was very cynical about reiki until I saw a lady perform it on my friend's stresshead of a welsh gelding. The same gelding that would squish most people who entered his box had his head down, eyes closed and was snoring gently after 15 mins - and she never even touched him. I don't think horsse know about the placebo effect either!!