schooling/breaking recommendations?

noodle_

Visit site
Im Cheshire based but horse is south Cheshire atm and im willing to travel for somewhere good.

Horse is 14.2 approx and light build so need a small jockey - had basics done but very opinionated so someone firm but fair? (been sat on/lead and long reined but this all needs re-doing!)

Looking to send her in June... hence looking now as Im wary about sending her away and would like to view a couple of yards!

Any suggestions?

can look into staffs side too/shropshire as well as cheshire :)

thanks!

chamer

New User
Visit site
I would highly recommend Charlotte at CJC Eventing. I was so impressed by the work she did with my very hot WB youngster, introducing her to competing - SJ, XC, dressage, ODE, showing, in a firm, quiet and consistent manner that I bought another youngster for her to bring on and compete for me. She has a small private yard with access to the best training facilities in Cheshire and looks after all horses as if they were her own. I live 200 miles away but have no concerns about the welfare of my horse and whenever I see her she is happy, calm and content, and looks a million dollars, even in the middle of winter. You can find Charlotte on Facebook or at cjceventing.weebly.com.

Fides

Visit site
Niki De Macedo at NDM competition horses or Charlotte at CJC has a good rep for producing competition horses/those that can turn their hoof to anything...both easily found on FB

Fides

Visit site
Oh BtW I know I recommended both but I'd go for niki over Charlotte - she is incredibly kind and patient but stands no messing...! She is also very pro the owner riding too during the process. She is also a bargain!! I'm thinking of sending mine to her this spring for 'fine tuning'. She's mainly an eventer but is also on the regional dressage team for the past 2 years so top notch on schooling.
She's also 5ft4ish so wouldn't be too big for yours :) pm me if you would like her number.

Asha

Visit site
Highly recommend Aileen Feeney at Foxmoss Sports Horses in Nantwich. Brilliant job done with mine!!

Agree with this.

Shes backed 1 of mine, and schools 2 now regularly. Plus shes backed a friend of mines. Brilliant job on all 3. Kind, sympathetic and shes small !

MileAMinute

Visit site
I would highly recommend Charlotte at CJC Eventing. I was so impressed by the work she did with my very hot WB youngster, introducing her to competing - SJ, XC, dressage, ODE, showing, in a firm, quiet and consistent manner that I bought another youngster for her to bring on and compete for me. She has a small private yard with access to the best training facilities in Cheshire and looks after all horses as if they were her own. I live 200 miles away but have no concerns about the welfare of my horse and whenever I see her she is happy, calm and content, and looks a million dollars, even in the middle of winter. You can find Charlotte on Facebook or at cjceventing.weebly.com.

Lol, you really must rate her - all of your previous posts are about her too! :D

chamer

New User
Visit site
Lol, you really must rate her - all of your previous posts are about her too! :D

Yes I do!!! I can honestly say I have never met anyone in the horse industry (and fortunately, I've been around a few more years than I care to admit to!) with her attitude. She has a calmness and clarity of thought regarding horses that is way beyond her years and nerves of steel. The very fact that I was willing to send my mare so far away speaks volumes as I'm a complete control freak and never thought I would be able to let go. Finding Charlotte was, for me, the goose that laid the golden egg.