Schooling

How do you measure the bit size for your horse(s)

• Total voters

I_A_P

Visit site
i try to do as much as possible, but depends on weather really as i have no menage, try to keep them to about 30 mintes but depends on horses frame of mind!

katiejaye

Visit site
I school normally 4/5 days a wk in the winter, do BD on Wkend's and he has one relaxing day (either hack/lunge). I school between 30 mins - 1 hr depending on how he is going. If he's going very well and has worked hard then I reduce the time. When I school in the double he works much harder so tires out a little quicker so I try not to push him past 30 mins.

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
I school out on hacks as well as in the school. I get them in the school about 3-4 times a week and they get schooled form between 30 mins - 1 hour depending on how cooperative they're being.

Malibu

Visit site
I school in the areana as well as on hacks etc. At the moment my legs are not strong enough to ride Ru as he is used to so i school untill my legs go to jello, I always end on a positive and can vary from 20 mins to 60 mins. Lunge, long rein, pessoa as well.

buckybee

Visit site
It's more of a question of how many times a year for me! But then again maybe thats why I do so bad in dressage at events...

SillyMare

Visit site
Depends on the horse really - Lexi schools 2 or 3 times a week and does about 45 mins of decent work.

Poor Merry would be on his knees if I did that, he isn't srong yet, he schools a couple of times a week for about 20-30 mins.

Visit site
School more in winter!! No nice inviting warm, SUN lit evenings.........
frown.gif

Peanot

Visit site
I flatwork about 3-4 times a week, in the menage or the field, for about 40 mins each time. This includes a lesson once a week for an hour.

sorona

Visit site
Daughter schools her pony a couple of times a week, either flat work or jumping and hacks, hunts and competes most other days. Usually ridng 5 or 6 days a week. She also schools my horse about once a week if she has time as I hate schooling!