Science Supplements linseed conditioner

Smile21

Visit site
Good evening
Does anyone use this product and can recommend? Wanting to get our horse started on micronised linseed and unsure which to buy!
thank you

millikins

Visit site
i just buy from my feed supplier, most comes from Charnwood Mills but even though they are cheaper, the price to deliver one bag is expensive and it lasts ages so don't want more than one. I pay about £25 for a 15kg (I think, might be 20kg) sack. It's marvelous for hair, hooves and general condition.

Smile21

Visit site
i just buy from my feed supplier, most comes from Charnwood Mills but even though they are cheaper, the price to deliver one bag is expensive and it lasts ages so don't want more than one. I pay about £25 for a 15kg (I think, might be 20kg) sack. It's marvelous for hair, hooves and general condition.
Thank you

Reacher

Visit site
I was reading up about omega oils and linseed etc - (as am interested in the benefits to joints). Having always bought straight micro linseed I read to my surprise that you ought to feed extra vitamin E and calcium if you feed linseed. The Science Supplements version has vitamin E and calcium added to it at (what David Marlin says) are the correct levels .

He also says linseed degrades in the light so if bought in white sacks it could be degraded.

(This might not be relevant depending on why you want to feed linseed but I also read (link below) was that basically feeding linseed adds very little of the types of omega 3s that are good for joints - the body has to convert ALAs which are the plant based form to the type that benefit the joints (DHA and EPAs)- at a very low conversion efficiency. This is a really interesting article about the different types of omega 3s and what different sources of them contain.
https://thehorse.com/168549/which-omega-3-sources-are-best-for-my-horse/
Linseed is good for the coat, for sweetitch and asthma if fed enough, also insulin resistance . Linseed isn’t very effective for supporting inflammatory condition or joints.)

Smile21

Visit site
I was reading up about omega oils and linseed etc - (as am interested in the benefits to joints). Having always bought straight micro linseed I read to my surprise that you ought to feed extra vitamin E and calcium if you feed linseed. The Science Supplements version has vitamin E and calcium added to it at (what David Marlin says) are the correct levels .

He also says linseed degrades in the light so if bought in white sacks it could be degraded.

(This might not be relevant depending on why you want to feed linseed but I also read (link below) was that basically feeding linseed adds very little of the types of omega 3s that are good for joints - the body has to convert ALAs which are the plant based form to the type that benefit the joints (DHA and EPAs)- at a very low conversion efficiency. This is a really interesting article about the different types of omega 3s and what different sources of them contain.
https://thehorse.com/168549/which-omega-3-sources-are-best-for-my-horse/
Linseed is good for the coat, for sweetitch and asthma if fed enough, also insulin resistance . Linseed isn’t very effective for supporting inflammatory condition or joints.)
Thank you that’s a great help!