Scoot boot endurance gaiters.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Who uses these? I have some trail gaiters which are fine. Tried the endurance ones today on a 9 mile ride and the tabs on the outside of the gaiters (the bits extra to the trail gaiters) wouldn't stay where they should. The whole tab worked its way out of the boot on all 4 tabs on the front boots ( I had trail gaiters on the back). The boots fit perfectly and aren't twisting or anything. We did go through some mud and water but nothing extreme. Feel a bit disappointed because if they don't stay in play there's no point to using them.

lauracwd2

Visit site
I haven't used them but have actually just removed the gaiters completely from my scoots and am finding the fit is way better without. Only done a few hacks but no issues from my horse either.

Gloi

Visit site
I haven't used them but have actually just removed the gaiters completely from my scoots and am finding the fit is way better without. Only done a few hacks but no issues from my horse either.
I had a rub from one of my boots previously but I am now trying a size smaller and hope that will fix the issue. Still quite new to using Scoots so trying all options and finding what works best before the better weather and hopefully higher mileage comes.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I haven't heard of the endurance gaiters, but I do use the trail gaiters on an 'as needed' basis on my mare's hinds during the trimming cycle to refine the fit. They work well.

I have seen this on the hoof boutique website re the endurance gaiters, it sounds like you are not the only one to have issues with them.

https://www.hoofbootique.co.uk/parts/scoot-boot-endurance-gaiters.html

PLEASE NOTE: Scoot Boots are now recommending that the endurance gaiters be glued into Scoot Boots. Their trials have proven that this keeps them very secure. When the neoprene wears out you simply cut the endurance gaiters out and re-glue another endurance gaiter into place. They have also found through trials that customers in between sizes can use endurance gaiters which assist with fit.

Click the below link which is a video demonstrating the gluing process. Scoot Boots recommend using a Selley's product called Shoefix - we haven't been able to source any in the UK yet, but we are investigating the best alternatives. Please contact us if you aren't sure which product to use. Apply the glue to the inside rear of the Scoot Boot and also the inside leg of the endurance gaiter so the glue is on both surfaces.

Gloi

Visit site
Right. Thanks Tiddleypom. Well in that case I'll stick with the trail gaiters. I got the endurance ones with a second hand pair of Scoots I bought. We go in mud so I like to take the gaiters out to wash and dry after a ride so I don't want to be gluing anything. I suppose if I was doing real endurance it would be worth it but not for what I do. 15 miles is my limit these days - old and stiff.