Scoping for ulcers at home? Recommendations wanted

dilbert

Visit site
Hi, I'm looking to get my boy scoped for ulcers but would like to get this done at home (we are in Derbyshire). Can anyone recommend a vet that does this? My investigations so far are not getting me very far!

be positive

Visit site
Tim Brazil came to do one on my yard, he is very busy as he works internationally but is excellent as it is his speciality, I have linked his contact details below but it would be best if he was referred by your own vets, although I have contacted him directly since and he spent ages discussing an issue I was having with a horse and was extremely helpful.

http://www.directoryoftheturf.com/profile.cfm/searchid/10226

Melody Grey

Visit site
Hi, I'm looking to get my boy scoped for ulcers but would like to get this done at home (we are in Derbyshire). Can anyone recommend a vet that does this? My investigations so far are not getting me very far!

Pool house do offer the service I think, but it's about twice what it would be to take the horse in, so roughly £350-£400? Might be worth a call- I may be wrong?!

nikkimariet

Visit site
Is Nottingham Trent still offering the service at a discount as part of a study? You've said at home but it may be cheaper to look into this!

soulfull

Visit site
Pool house did mine at home, you do have to insist or they want horse to go to them. I can't remember how much it was

pootler

Visit site
I don't know if it is available in the UK but my vet used this fecal test.

http://www.succeedfbt.com/

She came out twice once for initial diagnosis and then again as a follow up and all clear. I think the tests are about £30 each.

I am now going to ask her to test him as a matter of routine with his jabs and teeth as it is so cheap and easy to do.