Scotish folk?

Judie

Visit site
If I was to move to the Isle of Skye, is there any equestrian around there, livery yards, competition centres etc...long shot I know!
confused.gif

Blackhawk

sublimedesigns.moonfruit.com
Yes, there is a riding school/livery yard near Portree. The owner is lovely. I'll see if I can find out some information for you. There is loads of hacking around there and an indoor school. I go to skye quite often but I've not heard of many places.

Boodle

Visit site
One of my close friends lives on skye and keeps her horse there.

Lovely big livery yard with a stunning indoor arena! Not sure if shes comes on here.

Will show this post to her.

Judie

Visit site
Thanks BH - I was really looking for more affliated competition centres for dressage but I'll certainly have a look when I'm up there, websites aren't always the best things to go on are they?

kirstyfk

Visit site
Allison Fellows at Portee is a really good instructor had several lessons with her when I was in Pony Club. However like any where in the HIghlands there are no competitions centres. Often the people from skye travel over to us which is about 2 1/2 hours away just to compete.

Are you think of moving to Skye?

Judie

Visit site
My OH wants to go and have a look at a business opportunity there, I on the other hand want to get the priorities in order and think about livery and competing!
grin.gif

Blackhawk

sublimedesigns.moonfruit.com
Don't think you'll find a competition centre off the mainland. It wouldn't make much sense as there aren't really any places to compete, and you'd have to travel the horses on the ferry to compete on the mainland. The majority of their business is trekking. I've seen a couple of places close down from a lack of business though.

Tia

Visit site
There's a bridge over to Skye now though isn't there? I thought it was built years and years ago....
crazy.gif

kirstyfk

Visit site
Yeah there is a bridge. What kind of competing do you want to do? I'm sure they would have a few local shows on through out the year but the closest 'Arenas' would be mundole at forres or Faraway at Huntly who both do BD and BJSA

Judie

Visit site
Just looked on the map, they would be 'do-able'.

I'm a dressage bod but do like the odd jumping clinic and XC.

Thanks I'll look them up when we go up.

MagicMelon

Visit site
This is Mundoles site: http://mundoleequestrian.com they have unaffiliated and affiliated dressage & BSJA / showing etc. No indoor arena, only a large outdoor.

Faraways site: www.farawayrrc.com which holds unaffiliated and affiliated dressage & BSJA. They also have quite a lot of other stuff there. Really nice indoor and very large outdoor arena.

There's also a new one in Mintlaw: http://www.annandaleridingclub.co.uk which is holds unaffiliated stuff and has just started little BSJA. Haven't been but told its nice!

And also 2 main ones in Aberdeen, Fountain Equestrian and Loanhead. Both hold BSJA (Fountain are about to start) and Fountain definately have a lot of affiliated dressage (Gordon Dressage Group: www.gordondressagegroup.org.uk ) both are nice enough.

It depends how far you want to travel really. There's loads of RC stuff around as well. Its pretty busy all year round - I compete every single weekend. Take for example tomorrow, there's SEVEN events to choose from just in my area!!

kirstyfk

Visit site
MM is somewhere in the deepest darkest Aberdeenshire - not quite sure. I'm in Moray just a long the road from Mundole. We're not too bad for somps but aberdeenshire is better!