scott shuttle

jcorsie1959

New User
Visit site
Has any one got a scott shuttle or ever drove one? Wondering how they drive and what are your thoughts on them. Any info please. How do the horses travel in them, is there plenty room etc

TequilaMist

Visit site
Dod says we'll sell you a lorry ha ha!!!Going dead cheap!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
Take it he's still not going great in trailer!!
Had a nosey at someone at a show,looked quite smart!!Don't know much about them tho.

jcorsie1959

New User
Visit site
Ha ha, He was in trailer on sunday with partitions out and traveled fine. Just thought i'd like to here some views on the shuttle's. I may just sell trailer and get a 3.5 ton as it has knocked my confidence now. Not funny when trailer and 4x4 rocking and rolling.
grin.gif

hollyzippo

Visit site
Hey, have looked at them for my 2 as so light. OH is a mechanic and services/MOTs a lot for a dealer near us and persuaded him to bring one to the yard. I have a 16,2 and a 17h so thought they'd never fit in a van, only a coachbuilt (and would be overweight in one of those!). They both fit in! Snuggly admittedly but both travel v.v. well so be fine and rarely take 2. I really liked it!!
OH says they are good as bulk head (between cab and back ) reinforced so horse wont end up sat on you in accident. Also well laid out ickle living and storage bit. Couldnt believe could fit 2 in and tack and be in weight but been over weigh bridge with same sized horses and 100kg to spare!!
Seem very good to me- only way of having 2 horses and living without 7.5t!
cool.gif

Stella

Visit site
I bought one last month (mine is the green one in the photo on the the gallary page of www.northernhorseboxes.co.uk ) and I love it. We're having some teething troubles, nothing major and Mike, they guy who's company it is, is sorting them out. Anyway, I recommend them, so easy to drive and my mare travels very happily in it (she is just short of 16.3hh heavy hunter)
smile.gif

Must say I'm very impressed that the other poster (?Holly) found she was well within weight with two big horses and tack on! I had thought that my big girl and her tack ruled out anything but a small pony, so thats good news indeed
smile.gif

hollyzippo

Visit site
Your box looks v. smart! Am still weighing up one of those or keeping 4x4 and getting equitrek.... cant decide!
But yeah, mine fitted in fine, loads of room behind and ok width ways, they are well built tb and MW idxtb. Looked all nice and cosy! had to put tack on tb side tho as bay one can reach it! Hope you get on well with urs tho!