Scottish sports horse finals

liannexsx

Visit site
Just a very self indulgent post. Today my yearling filly (balou du rouet x odysseus) took the Scottish sports horse yearling champion 2010. Very pleased with my monkey and she behaved so well for second time out this year. Also travelled brilliantly which has been a bit of an issue. Lots of tough competition and I'm thrilled. In a blonde moment thought I'd got reserve til came out of ring. Best day ever!!

Bedlam

Visit site
Wow! Well done!

Heaps of admiration as I'm taking our yearling filly to Osberton for the BYEH yearling class on the Thursday and then the BEF Futurity final on the Saturday. Can only hope we do half as well as you!

Can we have pics or will that get us banned?

hobo

Visit site
Very well done, like your blond moment in the old days Red = 1st, blue= 2nd, but now they have multi coloured ones just to confuse!

tikino

Visit site
Just a very self indulgent post. Today my yearling filly (balou du rouet x odysseus) took the Scottish sports horse yearling champion 2010. Very pleased with my monkey and she behaved so well for second time out this year. Also travelled brilliantly which has been a bit of an issue. Lots of tough competition and I'm thrilled. In a blonde moment thought I'd got reserve til came out of ring. Best day ever!!

hi i there was at the show and watched the class and have to say your filly looked amazing and deserved to take the title as you say there was very strong competition.

Well Done

liannexsx

Visit site
Thank you! Good luck for both classes!
The reserve won at the highland and is so correct, there was quite a few that could've got it!
Cos they pulled me out first and reserve had won highland I just thought I'd got reserve, wasn't until I came out that the combination of a red sash and a trophy hit me. Had no expectations and was just so excited after her travelling so well I was already in cloud cuckoo land.
Very embarrassed that u have seen my kindled Christie impression tikino, as u see I'm not the tallest and she covers the ground!
Trying to get laptop working so will post some pics and take what comes to me!

wonder

Visit site
Hi

Well done. We had a yearling in the class. Thought it was awful though that there were no rosettes for all the finalists or a catalogue so people watching new who people were. Most people I spoke to wont go back unless it improves. Considering the champion and reserve sashes were sponsored why did SSH not provide rosettes considering it was £12.00 to enter.

liannexsx

Visit site
Hi

Well done. We had a yearling in the class. Thought it was awful though that there were no rosettes for all the finalists or a catalogue so people watching new who people were. Most people I spoke to wont go back unless it improves. Considering the champion and reserve sashes were sponsored why did SSH not provide rosettes considering it was £12.00 to enter.

Aww what one was that? I agree it would've been nice to have something to prove got there. Especially as it was such a strong class. I didn't dream for a minute getting that, just happy to have got there. Maybe they could do certificates if u were to put the idea forward?

odd1

Visit site
well done, my yearling was also in the same class, my husband showed her, this is his first year showing, she won the Q class during the day she had already qualified earlier in the year she got a bit of stage fright at night i think and planted herself!! i felt sorry for my OH it wasnt his fault he said she wouldnt even take a sweet from him but thats just youngsters for you:rolleyes:
i thought it was strange that only the first 2 got spoken about, i wanted to hear what they thought about my filly

liannexsx

Visit site
well done, my yearling was also in the same class, my husband showed her, this is his first year showing, she won the Q class during the day she had already qualified earlier in the year she got a bit of stage fright at night i think and planted herself!! i felt sorry for my OH it wasnt his fault he said she wouldnt even take a sweet from him but thats just youngsters for you:rolleyes:
i thought it was strange that only the first 2 got spoken about, i wanted to hear what they thought about my filly

I didn't hear what they said bout my girl but have managed to pick some of it up from other people. Was ures the black filly? I found that by the supreme mya's candle had went out having been there since 4pm

odd1

Visit site
I didn't hear what they said bout my girl but have managed to pick some of it up from other people. Was ures the black filly? I found that by the supreme mya's candle had went out having been there since 4pm

she is very dark bay - really planted up the 1st side of the triangle and the steward chased her with the clip board!! once she got going she trotted the other 2 sides ok
it was a long day for them - dont know how the foal managed to keep all the energy - it did the morning Q class & is only 4 weeks old:eek:

liannexsx

Visit site
Wish I'd had it on video cos didn't really get to see many of them cos teeny wasn't so good at standing still. Because we qualified at the highland we didn't get score sheets for the qualifying round, would've liked to have seen scores. That little foal was just full of energy! I didn't envy her much havin a huge arena to try to control it in, that would've been stressful! I really like the liver chestnut 3 year old, when he shows himself he's just lovely

odd1

Visit site
i missed the 2 & 3yo classes was busy seeing to the horses but managed to get up for the championship but they were just handing out the prizes when we got back up.
i have had 2 sheets, one from the april grand slam and from a local show up here, they are interesting to read & seeing the difference in the marks given
hope they run it again next year

liannexsx

Visit site
i missed the 2 & 3yo classes was busy seeing to the horses but managed to get up for the championship but they were just handing out the prizes when we got back up.
i have had 2 sheets, one from the april grand slam and from a local show up here, they are interesting to read & seeing the difference in the marks given
hope they run it again next year

I think they are intending to as wen I signed for trophy they said I'd get sent a reminder to return along with invite to enter again

Flyingbuck

Visit site
May I just congratulate all who qualified - the quality on show was inspiring - and, of course, huge congratulations to the Champions and Reserves - the Overall Champion and Reserve were popular choices with the spectators too and well-deserved.

odd1 is correct - scoresheets will be sent out as per usual for the morning qualifier.

The SSH is aware that there were some teething problems in this inaugural Sport Horse Showing Series - constructive comments are taken on board and will hopefully be addressed for next season, as all at the SSH want these events to be as successful as possible - we hope to see even more of you support the qualifiers and Grande Finale in 2011.

I would just add that the SSH received no entry money from any of the qualifiers or the Final.

odd1

Visit site
any new comps take a couple of years to sort out teething problems, i know both myself & OH have enjoyed the series and hope to take part again next year
its great that we have at long last got something like this in Scotland

liannexsx

Visit site
I agree it's been good and gave me something to aim for with a youngster. I felt the bed futurity would have did this too but Aberdeen was too far in my opinion to travel a yearling in a trailer. This series was well represented across the country and culminated in my favourite very central venue. How civilised getting horse settled into a stable and enjoying a sit down meal before the class!
I can't see many improvements needing made although would've liked a scoring system to see if my opinion matches the judges, especially having two very respected and knowledgable judges in the final

wonder

Visit site
Hi FB the series was a great idea I just think that if it is being run as a SSH Final then someone from the SSH should have been there. Also would it not be better to have the final at one of their own events rather than after 6pm in the evening. There needed to be a commentary no one watching new who the horses or competitors were, there was no catalogue either. It took me 3 hours to get there and I found it really disappointing to get no feedback or even a rosettle to say finalist. Even if SSH did not receive entry money it is still under their logo so something should have been put in place by them to make sure its members received some sort of feedback. As to enter the final your horse had to be overstamped and you had to be a member all of which I was happy to do but felt very let down and misled on the night.

Totally get there are always teething problems but I think these are genuine things that need to be addressed for next year.

Flyingbuck

Visit site
I take all of your points wonder - these are the type of constructive suggestions I meant - you are not the only one to suggest these and I think all will be addressed for next season.

We definitely need a catalogue giving breeding details etc - the lack of Finalist rosettes was definitely an oversight and both will be sorted for next season. Ingliston's normal commentator had been on her feet for a very long time that day and had not eaten by 7.30pm and she obviously needed a break - however, the SSH should have had a commentator and, again, this will be sorted for next season.

There were actually 4 SSH committee members there on the night - myself included - I was in and out the ring presenting trophies etc - sorry we didn't actually meet.

The initial idea to run the final on the back of the Grand Slam was that it would give the SSH members the chance to compete at a big show with corresponding big atmosphere in an Evening Performance at a very prestigious venue - unfortunately, the BSPS show date clashed at another venue and there were not as many competitors as I have seen at other Grand Slams - having said that, I still felt it was a well-run, busy show and the SSH was delighted to be associated with that.

But... it can be improved upon for next season as much has been learned in this first year - the SSH hopes to make further slight adjustments to ensure that the Showing Series is even more successful next season.

Anyone with any constructive suggestions, other than those already made here, is kindly asked to email Aileen Singleton, asingleton@fsmail.net , who will be responsible for organisation in 2011.

Also, if you have a show local to you that you would like to hold SSH qualifiers in 2011, please also advise Aileen of these - thank you.

liannexsx

Visit site
Oh my goodness I am now feeling very guilty at starting this! I think we can all accept there will always be teething problems, but I do feel the main points will be addressed. I can say it was nice nice to see faces from ssh, I did see yourself Keith duh, and also jackie and um guessing the other jackie. I don't want this to turn into a slating into what is a very positive move for young horses in this country. I am a follower of the movement of ssh and can only give positive reinforcement when we are in the uk a very forgotten country, only the ssh has shown what Scotland has to offer this year, encouraging a showcase of what we have. Gratings, futurities and county shows have generally been regional in their offerings.
I hope we get more people interested as a result of this. I'd like to think of way younger people could become involved, I very seldom mix with others of my age in this arena and have been involved eagerly in breeding for the last 15 years