Scottish stud sell off...?

luckilotti

hillhousestables.co.uk
legal reasons i think?

I've registered to place a phone bid, just REALLY panicing as i cannot get anywhere confirmed to take the horse on a temp basis whilst i arrange transport down to england.
frown.gif
and if i dont get anything confirmed before they call me before the lot i am interested in, i wont be able to bid
frown.gif

there are a few forum members i believe that are at the sale today so they may be able to give more details this evening etc?

turpsamd

Visit site
I think it was a happy ending for all from what i could see. The old ponies were all sold to nice homes and alot of the mares went to local studs from what I could see on the bidding. The stallions fetched good money and I think one stallion and a mare went down south. I bought a nice younster but I have been given 'leisure horse' passport so now need to find out how I can get her original one with the breeding etc... anyone got any ideas?

lozziehumphreys

Visit site
I am now a very proud owner of my mare's mother and sister.

They are both coming down to Oxfordshire to be reunited with Galaxie as soon as we can arrange it. Some lovely friends are taking very good care of them for us in Scotland.

I hope all the horses found the very best homes.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Have been wondering about the outcome of the sale all day to day. Glad to hear as though it's a happy ending for the horses.

Rollin

Visit site
If you know the breeding the Breed Society should be able to revoke your leisure passport for the real thing. PM Ciss she knows all about it.

Ciss

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If you know the breeding the Breed Society should be able to revoke your leisure passport for the real thing. PM Ciss she knows all about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, please do PM me and I will try to help as much as I can as there is a definite procedure in existence to sort this sort of thing out.

BTW, what happened to the little Welsh stallion (I think he was 13 years old), what colour was he and what did he sell for?

pdiplock

New User
Visit site
Anyone know what happened to LOT 23 Willowdale Souvenir (Buttonmoon)? He lived in the field next to our house for a long time with us feeding him over the fence and petting him everyday. My wife wanted to purchase him but the owners of the stud said no! We have bought the field he used to live in and are having the fencing etc sorted this coming week. Intend to purchase stables/shelter soon.

We would like to buy him off the successful bidders if possible and are happy to put him to livery until we can house him in our field.

We were at the sale and found it all very upsetting the horses all seemed very bewildered with the noise and all of the people in the arena!

Does anyone on the forum know the successful bidders?

Var

Visit site
was it lot 8 you have bought? Very nice mare and mother also looked rather smart - fabulous breeding too!! Glad they have a nice home!

It was sad sale and they all looked exhausted. The horses got quite upset at the end when they started to take cattle in at the bottom end of the mart.

pdiplock

New User
Visit site
Its a good question...... we have never owned any horses before. I wanted to ensure we were ready with the field etc etc. However, seeing him at the sale upset my better half but we didn't have the means to transport him never mind keep him in a secure field. We should have bidded and sorted out temorary livery afterwards but we didn't so there is a lesson there for me!

Var

Visit site
I went to the office to look at the papers - most of them had a standard passport with no breeding info and had an irish issuing authority. The ones i looked at had all been issued within the last 6mo or so. Disappointing given the breeding involved. Assume buyers will need to get blood typing done to confirm pedigrees?

DarkHorseB

Visit site
Well sales are never the best of places and it sounds like this one had a particularly sad story behind it. Hopefully he will have found a nice home. I doubt the auctioneers would tell you who he went to but it sounds like lots of people on here have knowledge of the sale so you never know you may find him. Although just a word of caution a stallion is maybe a big ask to take on if no previous ownership experience.

Happily sounds like alot have found nice homes it sounds like people rallied round to make sure this happened.
smile.gif

WelshD

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Its a good question...... we have never owned any horses before. I wanted to ensure we were ready with the field etc etc. However, seeing him at the sale upset my better half but we didn't have the means to transport him never mind keep him in a secure field. We should have bidded and sorted out temorary livery afterwards but we didn't so there is a lesson there for me!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have never owned a horse before please do think about the responsibility of owning a stallion, thats not an ideal buy, no matter how small and friendly it is

Ciss

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I went to the office to look at the papers - most of them had a standard passport with no breeding info and had an irish issuing authority. The ones i looked at had all been issued within the last 6mo or so. Disappointing given the breeding involved. Assume buyers will need to get blood typing done to confirm pedigrees?

[/ QUOTE ]

In fact, frm checking on NED it would appear that apart from Blackford Dream Wedding (AHS pedigree not updated to new UELN passport format) and Willowdale Souvenir (old style WPCS passport not updated to new UELN passport format) ONLY Tullynessle Sunday Girl, Tullynessle Busilus, Tyllynessle Saturday Boy and Tullynessle Gale Force have UELNs issued by an ID-only PIO (in each case Horse Pssport Agency) and ALL others should have been sold with pasports isued by their original breed society. Even if they had not been mircochipped by the day of the sale it is not an offence to sell an unmicrochipped animal -- whilst it is an offenc eto issue a passport to an animal with an existing EU-recognsied 16-digit UELN as this indicates that a correclty issued passport already exists. The offenc ehere lies with the venodr (the trustees in this case not Tullynessle, the auctioneer and the ID-only PIO concerned with issuing the second passport) and if anyone bought a horse at this auction (espeically one that has a passport beginning 826069) and suspects that it should have / already has a proper pasport from a recognised EU studbook here or abroad) do feel free to PM me with the details and I'll see what I can do to help direct you to the right organisation to resolve the issue.

The purchasers of any foals that they beleive are in the process of having papers isiued to them by a UK or foreging studbook following earlier microchipping are also free to contact me for help if they wish.

The purchasers of Blackford Dream Wedding and Willowdale Souvenir should contact the Arab Horse Society and the Welsh Pony and Cob Society repsectively to tget their passports updated to the correct format.

This all has the makings of a real mess registration-wise but hope this helps.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well I hope the 30yo mare & gelding found a last home, I think it rather sad that they had to endure the sale ring!

[/ QUOTE ]

Friggin appalling actually. The welfare agencies involved should feel thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

lozziehumphreys

Visit site
I have just heard that a friend, who bought our filly from last year, has bought her sire Furst Classico. He will have a fantastic home, and hopefully will get the chance to sire many more champions.

I hope all the horses will now get the love they deserve.

Ingramah

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well I hope the 30yo mare & gelding found a last home, I think it rather sad that they had to endure the sale ring!

[/ QUOTE ]

Friggin appalling actually. The welfare agencies involved should feel thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

The two eldest have gone to good homes in the local area.

The welsh stallion went to a very experienced home - I was chatting to the new owners and they were delighted with him.

There was one older horse (22yrs) who was not presented for sale due to being lame. He's now in a local yard awaiting the next sale on the 12th December.

PalominoMare

Visit site
lot 28 (Donovan) looks gorgeous (of course i assume they all are!).

glad the elderly ponies have found a good home. Is there anywhere I can read the background to this sale without getting the forum into trouble?

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The two eldest have gone to good homes in the local area.

The welsh stallion went to a very experienced home - I was chatting to the new owners and they were delighted with him.

There was one older horse (22yrs) who was not presented for sale due to being lame. He's now in a local yard awaiting the next sale on the 12th December.

[/ QUOTE ]

Myrtle, thankyou.