Scrambled brain

ginnyspinner

Visit site
I took my 6 yr old 16.3 TB out bloodhounding 3 weeks a go - opening meet. He was well behaved, jumped out of his skin and I was well pleased with him - however, since then he has become stressed, lost weight, box-walking and generally very uneasy with himself.
He has also developed a bit of an attitude - threatening to bronc, rear and being unpleasant.
I have stopped all hard feed and am trying to let him down a bit - does anyone have any suggestions about what to do, finding it all very upsetting - it seems to have blown his mind...please help!!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Get him out again asap. It can happen that they get thoroughly over excited after their initial experience - and we've always found that the best thing was to get them back out hunting again as soon as possible.

ginnyspinner

Visit site
Had thought about that - only problem is he has rubbish feet - loses shoes easily and my farrier was very distressed that I had taken him at all!!
4 weeks is a long time for my horse to keep shoes on under normal conditions and we have tried every supplement, lotion and potion (and 10 weeks of glue) possible.

samp

Visit site
A lot of horses do go through this, can you take him drag hunting? This way you can pick your line and avoiud any deep going etc

ginnyspinner

Visit site
Turned out from 7.30 til 4pm each day, no real hard feed either. p****d off cos everyone saying he is dangerous now but I know he is a kind and genuine boy. Will take him showjumping next week and hunting again soon...- will risk the feet! Does anyone use Boa boots out hunting???