Scruffies had a big day out

scruffyponies

Visit site
So proud of my boys and lovely sharers. We took 7 to a fun ride yesterday. Weather and event were perfect.
Riders: two adult plus 5 children. 4 boxes, and 5 non-riding adults in support (picnic!).

Horses included a welshxhackney who had a catestrophic injury 12 years ago. He was almost pts at the time and we thought would never be ridden. A last minute swap put an 11yo girl on him. He is now fit and full of beans, and she should have been totally over-horsed, but for all he flashed and snorted, he looked after her every inch of the way, and she rode beautifully.
One of the little riders had only been on my dartmoor stallion once the day before. He gave her the confidence to go over a number of logs, and I think she's in love.
The ponies were of course delighted to have most of the herd out at a party together and enjoyed it as much as we did.

All came back beaming, and despite the very hilly terrain felt ready to go round twice :)
I think we will be doing this again,

scruffyponies

Visit site
Erm, I have a big issues with this......Where are the photos (with faces blurred if necessary)?
Somewhat embarassed to say that I don't have any. I will see if any of the parents can share some.

Your HackneyX sounds like an absolute ball to ride.
They all were to be fair, but he managed to look like a snorting war horse whilst holding as soft as butter in her little hands. Priceless!
I wept pints over that pony when he was injured and had to beg the vet to be allowed to try to save him. He was on 3 legs for 6mths, but never once gave up on himself. Tough little horse!