Scruffy Baby is mine but he's nameless: please make a suggestion!

Kallibear

Visit site
After much humming and harring, I decided to buy the Scruffy Baby I posted a couple of weeks ago, and he arrived yesterday :D

We went to pick him up from the dealers (where he'd arrived at midnight the night before, poor little mite) and my first though was 'Bloody hell, he's HUGE!'. His leg go on for ever and, when worried, he does a very passable giraffe impression, making him 18hh! He's meant to make 16.1/2 but at 15.2 ish already and not quite 2yrs old, I'm just hoping he doesn't out-grow the trailer!

He's had basical handling but is very wary of humans and obviously really unsettled. However he leads well and once caught is quiet and fairly calm, and loves being itched. He loves to stand and huff in your face.

It took three people and bucket of feed to catch him in the small indoor school when I went to pick him up and (esp after being wormed on arrival at his little paddock! :eek:) he wanted nothing to do with humans that night, although I did finally manage to grab him before bed. This morning I could creep up on him and manouver him against a fence to take his rope. This afternoon HE crept up on ME and asked for a itch :D and stalked me round the field after (but ready to run should I show the slightest indication of being about to eat him). It won't take him long until I can't get rid of him.

He's currently filthy as he's been living in a cattle court with his baby friends, but he's moulting and it's coming off easily with brushing. He's also a little skinny but nothing worrying, esp as spring is on it's way and he could probably do with a little stunting :p (it'll do his excess height, and joints, the world of good;))

BUT, and most importantly as it's driving me insane!, he's is NAMELESS and I cannot think of anything that suits. I want something simple and short but not 'grand' (no Chief's or Major's etc) and something a little unusual. And no human names. I have a list as long as my arm but just can't decide :eek:
So far my favorites are:
Squirrel
Chance
Arrow
Drift
Flight
Friday
Aspen
Flame
Rabbit/Bear/Fox (I really like but they don't suit him)
Oh, and Weed, but that's not very dignified :eek:

PLEASE make a suggestion: I'm really hoping someone will say a word and I'll instantly know it's The One.:eek:

So this is Nameless:

Thinking of another novel way of damaging himself, having just been through the fencing (having galloped straight into it (why is it that baby horses go but never stop?!), slid under the electric tape on his side and got all four legs through the sheep fencing behind, pushing it up enough to touch the mains-electrified fence above and zapping himself. But thankfully come away with only a small graze?!) I left him for just TWO MINUTES...........:rolleyes:)

P1130334.jpg

This is why I'd like to call him Weed.....
P1130339.jpg

P1130340.jpg

And relaxed enough to have a nap

P1130343.jpg

mountainview22

Visit site
Vectro, zeus makes me laugh. A female friend once drunkenly disclosed how that was what she named her, um, battery friend shall we say.

Strange, but made me laugh.

Sorry.

Welshie Squisher

Visit site
I asked similar a while back and got a huge amount of names, I settled on Merlin :D

How about Storm, or Digit, Emir, erm I will be back with more, might find the thread with all my suggestions and post it :)

SophieLouBee

Visit site
I think he looks like either a Red or a Bailey :)

But my first horse was called Babe, so there you are haha :p It was a choice of Pinky, Kipper or Babe, we went with Babe. His reg name was Plasbach Niclas, shortened to Nico to anyone posh so as not to look like we had just come out of an asylum!

Kallibear

Visit site
Why not just scruff?

:eek: He needs to live with it for the rest of his life! And at 17hh of big (and hopefully impressive) ISH, it needs to be something dignified. Hence no Weed either :eek:

It needs to be a 'big horse' name: things like Toffee, Conker or Dandilion are pony names. :eek:

I love names like Storm or Cloud or Digit but I know horses called that already! :( Ditto Kody and Jake (that would have been one of my first choices)

I do rather like Darcy, but it's kind of a bay horse name?

SeasonalSituation

Visit site
:eek: He needs to live with it for the rest of his life! And at 17hh of big (and hopefully impressive) ISH, it needs to be something dignified. Hence no Weed either :eek:

It needs to be a 'big horse' name: things like Toffee, Conker or Dandilion are pony names. :eek:

I love names like Storm or Cloud or Digit but I know horses called that already! :( Ditto Kody and Jake (that would have been one of my first choices)

I do rather like Darcy, but it's kind of a bay horse name?

It's ironic ... :p I have a dog called darcey.

mountainview22

Visit site
My recent (2 Weeks ago Sunday) 11 month old whippet was called Darcey, he was (no offence op) very weedy and leggy and dumb looking.

your horse just reminded me of a big ginge version (no offence again)

mountainview22

Visit site
Sitch, he was put down two Weeks ago.

I'll sort through photos tomorrow, but they're not recent recent ones. I have pics of his mum as a pup and his g'mum too somewhere.