Scurfy coat?

Helenabbey

Visit site
George was clipped last week and has scurfy skin, greasy in parts and the dust really shows as he is black. At the mo I am giving him a good grooming and a final rub over with a stable rubber, but is there anything else I could do/use?

seza

Visit site
Get a flannel and a bowl of hot water. Put a drop of mild shampoo - tea tree oil or similar - once the flannel has been thoughly wet wring it out as much as you can then rub it over your horse. rinse the flannel as often as possible. The heat helps get the scurf out. Hope this helps

Dogbetty141

Visit site
Try using a hot towel. It steams them clean. Then you need to groom him once the steam has gone and he will come up shiny. Worked for me as my horse hates having a bath and he came up greasy once he was clipped last year. Plus he is a nightmare to bath too and its tooo cold to have a bath too.

Im imagining how much my horse would love having a hoover hed be off!!! im lmao 2

Helenabbey

Visit site
Thank you everyone, I will try the hot towel one, I have thought about hoovering him before as he is really quiet and wouldnt be bothered at all. He is going to an SJ comp tomorrow so I had better get polishing!