Seat pads

Shay32

New User
Visit site
Hi have a heather muffat saddle the gel sticky seat savers don’t fit, and need some extra grip as have a sharp Arab any thought got sticky jods came off on road didn’t have them on so upset older ride new horse hurt back going to make sure I don’t slide as soon as back heals any thoughts ?? Please

rextherobber

Visit site
A few ideas, but you may already be doing them :
Take up Pilates, strengthen your core.
Check what you're feeding the horse, cut out any thing like Alfalfa and mixes with molasses and lots of cereal.
Lunge lessons are excellent for improving stability ( possibly not only our own horse though!)
Do groundwork with the horse to de sensitise and build trust.

Shay32

New User
Visit site
A few ideas, but you may already be doing them :
Take up Pilates, strengthen your core.
Check what you're feeding the horse, cut out any thing like Alfalfa and mixes with molasses and lots of cereal.
Lunge lessons are excellent for improving stability ( possibly not only our own horse though!)
Do groundwork with the horse to de sensitise and build trust.
Thank you yes think he has had to much sugar recently but it really wasn’t his fault I was home and took my feet out struipps but there were 2 cars on my lane and I pulled in to gateway opposite mine where’s there’s a mirror in hedge he caught a glimpse of the sun in it and dropped shilyldrf about turned I didn’t have my struipps seat pad or sticky jods was a disaster thanks again will remember not to feed sugars

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
In an ideal world the seat is the right shape for you and the saddle is just "there", meaning sticky jods make no difference. Do you have a good fitter you can work with to make sure the saddle is at least in balance? If it is then at some point it may be worth looking for one that suits you better - after all, locking yourself in with very sticky jods, or with massive blocks and deep seats, always has a downside ie we should be able to move around a little, and not be in tension in the saddle either.