Seat savers in the show ring

KautoStar1

Visit site
Currently riding with my seat saver on my saddle as my back is particularly sore at the moment. Got a few shows coming up in the next few weeks and wondering if I can use the seat saver. Checked the SHB rule book and there is nothing that says I can't - just says saddles should be reasonably straight cut. I know we have to consider the ride judge too but that's more in relation to stirrup sizes etc. It's a brown acavello gel out. Discrete & comfy.
What do you think ?

KautoStar1

Visit site
Um this is what I thought but it's not against the rules as far as I can see but have to admit not seen anyone with a seat saver. I think I will email SHB and ask. If it's allowed it would be a huge help for me right now & it's easily removed if I ride judge didn't want to ride on it.

KautoStar1

Visit site
Yes, that is an option LeannePip.
Got a nice email back from SHB to say there are basically no issues using a seat saver but it would be helpful if it was easily removed should the ride judge not want to use it.
So that's very useful to know.

KautoStar1

Visit site
Can you wear a heat belt type thing around your waist for your back or is it a spinal upward pain related problem? Just a thought.....

Makes jacket lumpy if I wear a back support and yes a bit of upwards pain so seat saver is a real help at times.