Seat savers..

barkinghorse

Visit site
Bought a Bartl seat saver off ebay, it's suposed to be large, but when i put it on my 17" saddle last night it seems to "perch" not sit.
confused.gif

Do they stretch? the elastic that fits round the front flaps kept slipping off and i found it downright annoying!
crazy.gif

Paid good money for it, size on bag says R5 what ever that is but not impressed at the moment.
mad.gif

Jo

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
grrr how annoying,
i cant imagine it will stretch, i have a stephens one and the back stretches slightly to go over the cantle but not much, 17" isnt that large a saddle so if it doesnt fit its proably not a large size.

It should lie flat and follow the contours of the saddle, so if its not touching the saddle you could probably to with a larger size

Did you buy from a e-shop or a private seller... if its a shop check they sent you the right size.

0ldmare

Visit site
I agree with Barking Horse, its unlikely to stretch. I would see if you can send it back. Is it the length or the width that is a problem?

horsimous

Visit site
Is there a shop nearby where you could go in and compare the size of yours to theirs? I have looked via google and I think R5 is the product number. The large should fit up to 18" saddle from what I can see. Maybe they shrunk it? Or they're mis-advertising. I once bought a second hand saddle advertised as wide and it arrived - a narrow!!