Seavitmin and brewers yeast supplements?

AmberThePony

Visit site
I am currently looking for two separate supplements for my mare to help with her joints and sweet itch. I have found seavitmin for joints, but cant find and reviews or dosage guidelines online? Also what have people found with brewers yeast for sweet itch because i realy want a full mane and tail this year! Any advice about these two is welcome, also any rough guidance on amounts for a 15.2 cob would be appreciated. Thanks

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I have fed brewers yeast but although I think it helped a bit it never stopped the horse rubbing completely, I found the best option is a sweet itch rug but you must put it on early before they get bitten around the end of march usually, I have no knowledge of the sea vitamin supplement not heard of that one, you could feed micronised linseed that is good for the skin and coat and is also good for the joints.

AmberThePony

Visit site
She has a rambo sweet itch rug, but i would just like a supplement as she still does some damage with this on. Is there anything that will help the hair grow, either feed or a lotion?

Leo Walker

Visit site
A very low sugar high fibre diets, 40gms of salt, 75gms of brewers yeast, magnesium and a mineral balancer effectively cured my old horses sweet itch. He still got mildly itchy sometimes, but hardly noticeable. When I bought him he had open wounds and used to lay on the floor and bite at his stomach :( He did wear a sweet itch rug while he lost the worst of the weight, but then he didnt need it any more.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
my mare had sweet itch quite mildly and only really rubbed her mane I used to use a product called wonder gel gold label make it, it soothe's the skin and helps with hair growth and it's non greasy, I have used other lotions but most of them for sweet itch are greasy which I hate, I have heard the global herbs sweet itch supplement is supposed to be really good, I use there calmer and rate it, failing that some sweet itch lotions have benzyl benzoate in them which stops the itch but be careful some horses can be sensitive to it one mine is, I have heard neem oil is also good but not tried it but know it really smells horrible, I also found washing the mane regular in a medicated shampoo can help.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
A very low sugar high fibre diets, 40gms of salt, 75gms of brewers yeast, magnesium and a mineral balancer effectively cured my old horses sweet itch. He still got mildly itchy sometimes, but hardly noticeable. When I bought him he had open wounds and used to lay on the floor and bite at his stomach :( He did wear a sweet itch rug while he lost the worst of the weight, but then he didnt need it any more.

fc with regards to the salt is that a recommended amount for a normal horse to have? I have just started feeding it to mine but can't really find how much they should have per day.

Sugar_and_Spice

Visit site
I'd be concerned about a vitamin supplement being sold with no dosage guidelines on the box/bag. I could be wrong but would suspect "sea vitamins" means seaweed, seaweed does have some naturally occurring vitamins/minerals in it. It's not a fully balanced supplement in itself though. Like a lot of products with only one ingredient, it's often sold without dosage guidelines.

WelshD

Visit site
I give my sweet itchy pony two tablespoons of salt and 90g of brewers yeast per day, he is 11.2