second hand saddle shops?

Charlie77

Visit site
Any shops in the south east that sell second hand , in the old days you could pay for a saddle try it for a week and then return it if not right by the end of the week any shops still do this? id like a dressage saddle but am reluctant to bye a saddle that i have never sat on my horse obviously you get what ever looked at by a master saddler.

alsxx

Visit site
Penfolds saddlery in Sussex do this, they take a deposit on your credit card and iirc you have to return them the next day....

undertheweather

Visit site
Ooh never even heard of them! Thank you possible road trip?!

Wadswick weren't interested when I didn't have more than £500 to spend on a saddle :(

I had 4 saddles to part ex plus £400 cash but they wouldn't take any of my saddles (A thorowgood T6, wintec VSD, GFS GP and a swaine) and didn't have any saddles under £400.

I used to live up in Rugby where I was lucky to have Tower Farm. Miss it so much!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
A lot of independent saddle fitters will bring out a selection of second-hand saddles to fit if they have a rough idea of the build and shape of the horse. Most of my saddles have been bought this way you would most likely have to pay for the fitting but if you end up buying one then that fee is often taken off.

Charlie77

Visit site
Lots of shops to look at x sussex by the sea, im sure this i what I'll end up doing any way just feel you end up paying more than you would privately, for the same saddle and its not like we wouldn't have them fitted by a professional at the end of the day x

Milanesa

Visit site
If u r near Berkshire Millwheel tack shop have loads of saddles and a master saddler that comes out with them, not sure how far they travel though...