Second weekend in December plans.....

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Very little to post from me, but can't see another thread. We have had a couple of lessons this week working on straightness, keeping Maddie ‘through’ in transitions, and getting her to lengthen and compress her frame. Over the past couple of months, she has become noticeably more relaxed through her neck, resulting in a much better contact, and she is now beginning to understand how to stretch at the end of our sessions. I’m looking forward to seeing where 2022 takes us. In the meantime, Maddie will have the rest of the month off, and I will pick her up again in the new year. On Tuesday I am 'writing' for my trainer for her judge's exam. This involves technology and electronic score sheets. We had a practice session the other day. Fingers crossed the WiFi, PCs and everything else aligns.

If only all December days could be so beautiful. I actually remarked to a couple of people how peaceful today was - the wind has dropped and the sun was shining.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend whatever you are up to.

266021053_2183810811757934_1994606468835352818_n.jpg

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
After a very hot few days it’s finally cooler here. What a relief because I have a clinic today with my usual coach. Henry’s first for the year in fact. Yay!

We had a bush ride yesterday for prep, because it’s been too hot for anything else.
The rest of the weekend I’m hoping to have a little jump and more hacking

Bernster

Visit site
I really like seeing updates from t’other side of the world, where it’s hot!

Hmm, got my booster today and have a sj lesson booked tmrw! Didn’t really think about side effects. I felt fine after the first lot ?.

Got the lorry back after a service and repair so hopefully we’re all good to go. Am trying to get out more often to jump Bertie so it becomes less of a ‘thing’ and this one is indoor, yay.

Had a goal (or milestone) setting session with my jump trainer this week which was useful to get me thinking and planning. Nothing hard and fast in terms of targets (but ultimately if I can crack a ode 80/wobbleberry that would be fab). It gives me a plan, some motivation, and gets me thinking about the next few steps along the way.

j1ffy

Visit site
I've also been struggling with a cold this week so I've been very glad that Chilli's on holiday. Hoping to have enough breathing ability tomorrow for my next schoolmaster lesson - a friend is also coming along so I should be able to get some video this time.

Diane Thurman-Baker clinic on Sunday then back to work for the last full week before Christmas hols start ?

J_sarahd

Visit site
I’m going to a pairs cross country tomorrow. I’m a bit nervous but also not going to put any pressure on myself and just going to go and have fun with friends. It’s a pick-a-mix style so I will probably do mostly 80s with a couple of 70s as they’ve done a drone video of the course and a couple of the 80s look horrific!

He’s filthy at the moment (as I’m sure 99% of grey ponies are) so he will have a quick bath this evening and then he will probably have Sunday off or a short leg-stretch plod down the road.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Hoof trim and jumping lesson today. By jumping I mean tiny obstacles ? trying to make it fun and relaxed. This is no jumping horse and he's not a brave soul, but he seems to enjoy it a bit as something different. So we're real casual and low pressure about it.

Probably handwalk in the forest tomorrow with the dog (keeps me warmer than riding at a walk), maybe school again on Sunday. I'm super unmotivated and would not ride today if it weren't for the lesson. Part of me would rather plop him on a field somewhere until late March or April. I do not like winter, and don't tolerate cold well.

DressageCob

Visit site
I rode like a traumatised jellyfish stapled to a block of wood both yesterday and today. Why? You may ask. Because my horse dared to be a little jolly. Honestly, I don't know how people on spooky horses cope. My lad just did a spot of bouncing on the spot and cantered off with me a couple of times, in a happy "yay it's winter" sort of way and I was pathetic! I need to sort my life out or this will be a very long winter ?

The most frustrating thing is that when I use that energy and channel it into a half pass or other movement it feels incredible. Really powerful but floaty. Problem is getting my brain to allow me to go for that and enjoy the exuberance rather than simultaneously collapse and grab him in a vice grip (it's a skill!).

it's a good job he's forgiving ?

humblepie

Visit site
Love the idea of riding like a jellyfish - definitely me some days. Hopefully a bit of hacking as we are in a not competing/not schooling holiday and watching the racing from Cheltenham and the F1 on Sunday. Good luck to all those out and above and fab photos from warmer climates.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I am off to the BD combined training champs. I cannot help feel like you can tell its mostly eventers going because I am not doing anything until 6:30pm and its a 2 hour journey. Joy.

I don't expect to get anywhere so a top 10 would be an amazing result. I am just making up numbers. My trainer last week said 'you don't expect to do well?' I was like nah, she said phew as serious holes in the horses training at the moment and she wouldn't get the scores. I qualified through everyone being surprisingly inept, as wasn't expecting to qualify and had gone along to see where we were.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I hope your steeds are ok. It never rains but it pours!
it's pretty torrential at the moment!! 3yo picked a fight with the gate and the gate won :( what goes through their heads?! o_O:confused:

due to the need for company, 57% of my horses are now on box rest. It would help if they were all in the same place :rolleyes:

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
it's pretty torrential at the moment!! 3yo picked a fight with the gate and the gate won :( what goes through their heads?! o_O:confused:

due to the need for company, 57% of my horses are now on box rest. It would help if they were all in the same place :rolleyes:
It's really tough when it all happens at once. I had all of mine on box rest at one point (2 nearly died). Even the vet said it was really bad luck!

Hope everything comes right for you.

Roxylola

Visit site

Seriously guys! Not cool, you need to sort yourselves out and start taking a bit of care of yourselves!
DC, you reminded me of my very jolly hack yesterday. Both ponies are always forward and occasionally spooky but not silly or scary. I'd used my jump saddle because my dressage one was still in the car from last weekend, and our normal hacking snaffle minus a noseband because somethings rubbed him.
Used an old, slightly longer girth than normal as the regular one as I wanted to get tacked up quickly.
We started well and while they were egging each other on in their trots they didn't actually do anything but when we had a canter neither of us it turned out really had much in the way of brakes ? I mean technically we could stop, it just took a while...
So, obviously we had another canter, downhill. Went as you'd expect really, took about 25 metres to stop and most of that included bronking at me because I was asking him to slow down. I'd collapsed on his neck laughing at him by the time we stopped.
Back on the road I shifted my weight a bit and my saddle moved quite a lot. So I leaned to check my girth and could have fitted both arms in the slack ?
Its a good job he is basically a good boy

nikicb

www.facebook.com
I have my Covid booster this afternoon, so I plan on just nursing myself through the weekend!

Hmm, got my booster today and have a sj lesson booked tmrw! Didn’t really think about side effects. I felt fine after the first lot ?

I have been bossted this afternoon as well with Moderna. Just hoping I don't have too much of a reaction as the first AZ one totally floored me for 48 hours. Hope you are both ok!

I can't like that! Hope he makes a speedy recovery. x

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
Today was my half day at work after being on call last weekend, so took full advantage with an afternoon beach trip. So lucky to have it 10mins away. There’s something so special about a pending time with just me, Pepsi, my dog and miles of sand.

We MIGHT be going out with the bloodhounds on Sunday A) if I find some brave pants B) it’s not pouring with rain…

9F978E62-2D27-4468-B9AB-49296EE74864.jpeg375D0716-C8F5-49ED-8C78-B6C280E8A931.jpeg

little_critter

Visit site
We are getting out and about for the first time since my boy went lame in September. He’s going quite nicely now, not as well as before the time off but that’s due to the break rather than a hangover of the lameness. We are doing a poles clinic on Sunday and I’ve asked for a baby group to ease us back in.
Although, having fallen off this morning I’m hoping I won’t be too sore to ride.

Reacher

Visit site
Commiserations and healing vibes to the sick notes.

Not done anything for about 3-4 weeks as saddle went away to the factory to be adjusted. As I expected it back in a couple of weeks I let mr H have a holiday with an occasional long lining walk.

Then as saddle still wasn’t back I booked a Classical Dressage lesson at Bigland Hall for Sunday. A bit terrified as not been before and worried they will laugh at me booking a classical dressage lesson / they will stick me on the lunge for 45 minutes without stirrups.

Then got message my saddle is ready to collect - so taking mr H tomorrow to have the fit checked and collect it.

Good luck to those competing and a certain amount of envy to anyone in hot climes ....

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Hacking & a TREC session squeezed in amongst Christmas-y & social things. I'm counting down the days until next Friday when I'll be done with work for 2021 & will have far more daylight hours for horsey fun :D

Good luck to everyone out competing & lots of get well soon and hang on in there vibes for those nursing sick notes.

Squeak

Visit site
Good luck to everyone competing and going out to clinics etc. Hope all those who have had boosters have minimal side effects and get to enjoy their weekends. And get better soon vibes to all those with horses that are ill/ injured.

I'm testing the saintlyness of my horse by taking him to a jump clinic after having since sunday off due to the weather. It's with a new trainer who's meant to be good and does quite a lot locally so it will be interesting to see what they're like.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Today I'm running around being generally over-committed time-wise, and then tomorrow we are taking Arts to do a couple of dressage tests before coming home for a quick changeover, throwing some tinsel on Pebbles and taking her to do a festive drill ride ??. Had better buy some tinsel today at some point!

Have a good weekend all!

Because the thread is lacking photos, here is pony knickers in all her fluffy glory last weekend (I really must clip again):
Screenshot_2021-12-11-07-19-58-65_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg