Second weekend of August plans!

j1ffy

Visit site
Ooh I've never started this thread before but I can't see another one yet!

This weekend we are actually getting out and about for the first time since lockdown. I've checked the lorry, done some loading practice and will bake a cake tonight to bribe helpers to join me!

We have a lesson tomorrow afternoon with a list 1 judge at her yard, it will be the first 'away' lesson I've done with Danny and I'm looking forward to getting fresh eyes on us. Then on Sunday we have Danny's BD debut - just a prelim test at a low-key venue but will be great to get a baseline of where we are.

What's everyone else up to? Looks like it will be hot and sunny here!

Wheels

Visit site
Sounds great jiffy, enjoy your lesson and good luck with Danny's BD debut!

We are continuing with our rehab, one lead out and one ride out per day for a total of 40 mins although will be increasing that to 50 mins over the weekend. Coming along well although I did have to do a couple of sessions in the arena this week as the weather was absolutely vile. Looks like a nice weekend this weekend though so will enjoy our short hacks

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
*wibbles*

We're going eventing again o_O!

Off to Skipton to see if Skylla finds it less over-whelming this time. Dressage should be fun the test has 'lovely' little walk transitions in it and you finish in walk :oops:, did I mention Skylla isn't great at walking lol. However, we have a new jumping bit to try out and see if we can establish a little more control, fingers crossed we don't get the dreaded E again!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Not a lot on here. Kira was utterly fabulous in our lesson yesterday so we will just be continuing in the same vein interspersed with some more forward canterwork as the changes have got a bit stilted since we really picked this up. Been 3 weeks since the last one and we've done our homework and it really paid off, working on the passage steps and she's a lot straighter, softer and generally more accepting of the idea. so this time we were able to have a bit of assistance from the ground and she properly got the technique with her back up and her haunches down, such a clever pony.

Taking Darcy to arena hire with a mate on Sunday. Rare to get hire slots at Hartpury so i thought it would be nice to have a change of scenery ;)

then packing up for moving day, woo hoooo! hasta la vista, sucky old school!

topcob <3

117242134_3503967739614711_9003984005271002045_o.jpg

ihatework

Visit site
I have 2 whole weeks off. Staycation only unfortunately and I’m planning on doing what those people on furlough did on lockdown ... DIY, clear out, gardening - boring but necessary.

On the horsey front I’m going pony shopping!! Also the little 4yo will be having a few low key outings, arena hires, Xc schooling etc before he has another little break.

j1ffy

Visit site
Wheels - I hope the rehab continues to go smoothly!
HP - good luck!! I'm sure you'll be fine, make sure you enjoy it! I'm too much of a chicken to jump Danny, he is far too athletic and uptight when jumping for my liking, so I'm quite jealous!
MP - clever Kira! Good luck with the packing and moving.

j1ffy

Visit site
I have 2 whole weeks off. Staycation only unfortunately and I’m planning on doing what those people on furlough did on lockdown ... DIY, clear out, gardening - boring but necessary.

On the horsey front I’m going pony shopping!! Also the little 4yo will be having a few low key outings, arena hires, Xc schooling etc before he has another little break.

Ooh - what are you shopping for? Sounds exciting!

AandK

Visit site
Not going anywhere as not quite ready to yet, although if progress in the school continues as it currently is, then I am hoping for some low key outings toward the end of next month. Had a road hack this morning, tomorrow will be in the school (going to try canter, first time for over year!!) and then hack on the downs Sat morning before it gets too hot.

Nicnac

Visit site
Hack Saturday early doors as weather looks hot hot hot and RC Qualifier Sunday where it hopefully will be slightly less hot. Neither horse nor I enjoy hot weather. Novice DTM. Did my first one a couple of weeks ago at a "come as you are" BD day and got just over 65% which I was pleased with as showed what I need to work on and that no lessons since February is a bad idea! Have had 3 lessons since so hoping for an improvement on Sunday. No chance of qualifying but will be a jolly day out :)

Happy shopping IHW! Good to see somebody looking for a mare for once.

Asha

Visit site
Good luck with the debut jiffy.
IHW - oohh love pony shopping, will look forward to the photos
MP - Kira sounds on form,which is fab,and good luck with the move
HP - Ive never been to skipton, good luck there and hope skylla proves you wrong and does a fabulous walk.
wheels, hope the rehab continues to go well.

Nothing exciting here, been very busy with work and just not had the time to do anything . But have got a dressage lesson on sunday which im looking forward to. Last one was fab, and was chuffed to find that i can still comfortably ride in my dressage saddle if i have longer stirrups.( hip still causing me issues:()

Good luck everyone out and about.

Bernster

Visit site
Hot hot hot this weekend. Hiding indoors but off xc on Saturday. First time this year wowzers. Just a low key fun outing with ins and one of her other clients. We’ve hopped a few logs out hacking so I’m telling myself it’s not been that long since we did xc.

Good lesson last night and felt like we are finally back to normal (having had a bit of stiffness/saddle issues) but still some tension in the poll on the left rein. Sadly it could be his lumpy head (melanoma). Working on keeping him as comfortable as possible and using my legs more effectively to get left bend, to ease the right rein contact. That seems to be helping. Vet due out in a few weeks for another vaccine injection for it but I don’t think it’s helping and there Seems to be no treatment for this (due to location), so more a case of being aware and keeping him happy for as long as possible.

TheMule

Visit site
Looks like being a scorcher, hoping not too unbearably hot as quite a busy few days planned. Dressage lesson tomorrow morning ? early enough to not get worst of the heat, SJ on Sunday at a new venue to see if we can go in the ring and be professional enough to not spook at everything and then on Monday my homebred 3yr old is going on his very first 'proper' outing to my dressage trainer. The idea is to just do a little in hand work and then have a short sit on for a walk and trot at the end. He's pretty unphased by most things but I want him to have a really positive experience and enjoy himself.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Was going to a farm ride to babysit a 2*eventer tomorrow as can be a tit, but she's called it off as forecast too blooming hot. Might just potter out v early.
Nothing on the agenda this weekend as I had planned ankle stabbing yesterday and wasn't sure how it would be afterwards as each time I get different reactions.
Looking forward to next weekend tho! ?

Alibear

Visit site
Good luck to all those getting out and about and hope poorly ponies can continue rehabbing well.

I'm off to look at a yard this afternoon on my quest to find somewhere to keep Amber when she comes home later this autumn. On Saturday I have a lesson at 12, so it will be hot! Thank goodness for an indoor school. I didn't ride that well last weekend as it was also hot so I'm not holding out for anything other than to enjoy having some time with my pony.

I have a couple of lessons booked in the following week and camp at the end of August so hopefully that will help me get a relationship going with Amber before she comes home. I sat and wrote a list of things to do before then yesterday and its slightly daunting. I need to see if I can start doing some groundwork with her now so we know each other well for leading, loading, general handling etc.

ihatework

Visit site
William Fox Pitt has got a few young horses for sale of you have a good budget ?. I also think the Billy horse auction is still going.

I’ll go take a look at WFP - is he advertising them on FB or elsewhere?

Billys are all 3yo’s. I’m looking for a yearling or 2yo

humblepie

Visit site
I am still in the not really doing anything phase so good luck and well done to all of you getting out and about. We have put our names down for our RC DTM which is next month so that may get us motivated.

GinaGeo

Visit site
Sounds like people have been having a good week and there are some fun weekends planned ☺️

Much to Mickey’s joy we went to an Eventer Trial yesterday. Neither of us have competed in a jumping event since the very beginning of 2018. He hasn’t seen a Cross Country fence since then either - but he’s one of life’s true Cross Country ponies and had an absolute blast. It’s a good job because I was rusty as anything and I’m not sure I was much help to him ?
We’re both still grinning ?

41554CFB-41CA-46BE-B051-C48DB9E8FDE9.jpeg

This weekend we’re off on a social distanced Hunt Amble with Mum and her pony. Mickey will be ecstatic, but he’s on Nanny duty for the pony who is going out for the first time. I’ll be scoping out this new version of a hunt ride for the four year old as well.

I’ve decided to tick off a bucket list item and take Mickey Hunting Sideways this year. So my search has started for a Tweed Habit. My Vintage show one is too beautiful to get shredded by thorns.

Sheep

Visit site
IHW are you looking local or farther afield? Just thinking my boy’s breeder had quite a few youngsters when we went to see him. She’s in Ireland though and not sure if you’re looking to buy unseen!

Chippers1

Visit site
The farmers cut the crops around our yard yesterday so ventured in for a hack today (it's the only time we're allowed on them, until they are ploughed!) Thought I'd get a cute video of me and my friend having a canter - after already having a nice canter - think buzz realised I was one handed and b*ggered off for the first time in his life ? took ages to stop as I didn't want to drop my phone haha.
I do have this on video but not sure I want to share ?
He was all excited after that but managed to calm down for another sensible canter afterwards, little monster.

Tomorrow I'm off to boil in London then might get some more stubble field riding in at the weekend :)

Good luck to those competing!

Here's some stills from our sensible canter, I like how in sync they are, despite friends horse being a lanky 16hh and Buzz 14hh ?
IMG_20200806_201814.jpg

ihatework

Visit site
IHW are you looking local or farther afield? Just thinking my boy’s breeder had quite a few youngsters when we went to see him. She’s in Ireland though and not sure if you’re looking to buy unseen!

Hi Sheep,
Yes I would buy unseen if it was good enough and competitively priced. I’m waiting on details for one in France too. BUT I’m being super fussy to warn you!

Sorry for indulgent thread derailing to everyone else ?